What's new

Should we upgrade to 6.1

What is this thing ppl are talking about called blops or whatever I'm currently running 5.1.1 jb and my friend til me about something called tiny umbrella or something about a umbrella lol. That u save something using it.

The real importance this time is the APTickets as well as the blobs. Blobs are saved Apple signatures for a specific iOS for a specific device. APTickets are saved Apple signatures for a specific iOS for a specific device for a specific restore. As 4S users have learned from iOS 5, APTickets are extremely important in being able to keep your 4S on iOS 5 for an untethered jailbreak rather than to upgrade to iOS 6 if anything were to go wrong on your device and you're forced to restore.

So if we are on 5.1.1 still would be smart to just update now?

Me personally, I'm staying on my iOS 5 untethered jailbreaks until all bombs are dropped, meaning all updates are made, everything is stable, I get the hang of what iOS 6 jailbreak is using and doing to the device before I upgrade my current iOS 5 devices to iOS 6. That's just me. Some users just want the iOS 6 jailbreak since there have been cases of battery lives being a lot better than iOS 6, but I don't see much of a difference if at all on any of my devices. Remember that once the iOS 6 jailbreak drops, there won't be 100% immediate support for many apps, so double check that the apps that you want to use are updated for iOS 6 before you commit.

Jb is reading 95% complete next is the release which looks to have been given a concrete release date for today wooho .

Its on the"evasion" website which will be the jailbreak, its actually on 98% now ;-)

I have a question though , i have just restored and upgraded to 6.1 it says on the evasion website we have to run 6.0 through 6.1 ? What does this mean and how to ? I am now running 6.1 ?

I have a question though , i have just restored and upgraded to 6.1 it says on the evasion website we have to run 6.0 through 6.1 ? What does this mean and how to ? I am now running 6.1 ?

It means it'll work for all iOS from 6.0 to 6.1 inclusive, meaning your device will work

Remember that once the iOS 6 jailbreak drops, there won't be 100% immediate support for many apps, so double check that the apps that you want to use are updated for iOS 6 before you commit.
All main themeing tweaks are fully ready for 6.1 now.
Exceptions:
• Gridlock (they're always late to the party :( )
• Folder Icons (boohoo)

100% 6.1 Compatible:
• Winterboard
• Springtomize
• SBSettings
• Iconoclasm
• Folder Enhancer
• BytaFont
• biteSMS
...and others!

100% 6.1 Compatible Themes:
• Ayecon

So 6.1 is installed just run the magic when theyve completed it then eh ?