What's new

should I let go of my unlimited data to get iphone 5?

bigshot82

Reaction score
my average data usage is 1.8GB/month (I use streaming radio a lot). Obviously I will be ok switching to the 2GB/month for now; but will I regret this in the future? say 3 years from now, data usage is probably going up...

If your data usage gets any higher, then you might want to consider the 4GB. Or, if you have the patience for it, Verizon should be pulling one of those data allowance promotion upgrades fairly soon because of the holidays. Not sure if you keep up with it, but every so often, Verizon'll add a GB to the current allowance for a limited time or people that renew or start a new contract with VZW, so instead of 2GB a month, you'll get 3. A few months ago, they even had the whole 2X data. 1GB became 2 for the same price, 2 became 4 for the same price, etc etc.

If your data usage gets any higher, then you might want to consider the 4GB. Or, if you have the patience for it, Verizon should be pulling one of those data allowance promotion upgrades fairly soon because of the holidays. Not sure if you keep up with it, but every so often, Verizon'll add a GB to the current allowance for a limited time or people that renew or start a new contract with VZW, so instead of 2GB a month, you'll get 3. A few months ago, they even had the whole 2X data. 1GB became 2 for the same price, 2 became 4 for the same price, etc etc.

how would I know when they do that?

You can check the online promotions and newsletters. Or, you can drop by/call one of the retailers every now and then and see.