What's new

Selling my jailbroken phone

joeyvaz

Reaction score
So I am selling my iphone4 that is jailbroken via limerain. I'm running Ver.4.1 (8B117) and modem firmware 02.10.04 Is it possible to restore the phone and keep my current version? I want to market and sell it as jailbroken, but only if the new owner will be able to do so. Or better yet, if I can sell it already jailbroken.

The reason I'm selling it is to get an iphone4 via Verizon since I have a family plan on Verizon. My ATT plan was opened just to buy an iphone4 last summer. So going with a Verizon iphone is going to save me roughly $50-60 a month as it stands right now.

Thanks!!!

So I am selling my iphone4 that is jailbroken via limerain. I'm running Ver.4.1 (8B117) and modem firmware 02.10.04 Is it possible to restore the phone and keep my current version? I want to market and sell it as jailbroken, but only if the new owner will be able to do so. Or better yet, if I can sell it already jailbroken.

The reason I'm selling it is to get an iphone4 via Verizon since I have a family plan on Verizon. My ATT plan was opened just to buy an iphone4 last summer. So going with a Verizon iphone is going to save me roughly $50-60 a month as it stands right now.

Thanks!!!

Sure How much? and How many GBs

not trying to sell it here. I'm looking for advice on the correct way to erase my information while keeping the version and jailbreak in tact.

It is a 32gb, without a single scratch on it. Always had invisishield on it since day one and in a case too. They are going for $500-600 on ebay.

Just delete all contents and settings. Then you can plug it back into iTunes to activate it...

Just delete all contents and settings. Then you can plug it back into iTunes to activate it...

Will that keep the integrity of the version and jail break? Or will I need to jail break once again. Not a big deal as long as I stay on my current version.

You will stay on your current version as your not restoring but you would have to jailbreak again...

sounds easy enough. Thanks for the info!

will Network setting be erased as well? Or do I need to do that separately? I think content and setting includes network setting too, but just making sure.

It's erases all contents and settings. So yes network settings are also reset. It's just like getting your iPhone out of the box again only on whichever firmware your currently on...

It's erases all contents and settings. So yes network settings are also reset. It's just like getting your iPhone out of the box again only on whichever firmware your currently on...

Perfect! Thanks Gaz

mine is jailbroken with limerain since I am on 4.1. My wife's phone was on 4.2 when we got it from Verizon and I used the newer jailbreak for her's. Any real difference between the two?

Can I just use either one?

will the newer jailbreak work on my phone that has 4.1? Or should I just jailbreak again after restoring with limerain?

hey Gaz, how long does the erase all content and settings take on a 32GB iphone4 that has 16GB of data on it? It's been a few hours and all I have is the Apple logo and every few minutes I get the circles that shows it is working.

Thanks!