What's new

Second-hand iphone

bluenose1940

Reaction score
I recently purchased a used iphone and re-set it via itunes to get rid of the previous owners details. Before re-setting it I did a back-up, again via iTunes and requested that it backed up to my pc rather than the suggested phone back-up. Unfortunately I now seem to have lost all of my contact details from the phone ( I had already put these into the phone some time ago, well before doing the 'restore' option.
What I can't find is where the back-up is stored so that I can get my contacts back. Does anyone have any ideas on this please?
Any help will be gratefully received, thank you

Plug into iTunes, right click on device, click restore from backup, and choose an older backup.

OR

In the top right corner of iTunes, click:
Edit
Preferences
Devices

There will be a white box with a list of all backups. Delete the ones you don't want.

You should not have backed up the device at all when you first got the phone.

Plug into iTunes, right click on device, click restore from backup, and choose an older backup.

OR

In the top right corner of iTunes, click:
Edit
Preferences
Devices

There will be a white box with a list of all backups. Delete the ones you don't want.

You should not have backed up the device at all when you first got the phone.
Hello zig9449, Thank you so much for this information. I will give it a go first thing in the morning and will let you know how I get on. thanks again.