What's new

SE Battery Issue?

Russtopher

Reaction score
I really like my SE and want to keep it. However, it has recently begun to act funky. The battery charge will go from 100% down to VERY low in a matter of minutes. Sometimes while it is on the charger. But, when I shut the phone off, then back on, it will jump back up to nearly fully charged. The battery health beta lists the battery health at 97%. When an Apple tech did a remote test of the battery, they said that the battery itself is fine and healthy.

Anyone else ever have this issue? I would rather not upgrade to the I phone 8.

Thanks

My 5S does some wonky discharging but otherwise nothing like what you have. Two people I work with have had issues exactly like you describe, one on an 8 Plus, the other on a 7. They ended up sending both in to Apple and have replacement devices now.

My 5S does some wonky discharging but otherwise nothing like what you have. Two people I work with have had issues exactly like you describe, one on an 8 Plus, the other on a 7. They ended up sending both in to Apple and have replacement devices now.

Thanks. T-Mobile is replacing it for free, with Apple refurbished model. Do refurbished models come with a healthy battery?

Thanks. T-Mobile is replacing it for free, with Apple refurbished model. Do refurbished models come with a healthy battery?
Refurbished iPhones come with a new battery and likely a new case and screen if necessary. They look and work just like new.

Refurbished iPhones come with a new battery and likely a new case and screen if necessary. They look and work just like new.

Thanks. Good to know. I really did not want to go to the I Phone 8.

Thanks

Scifan57

I deleted al info and settings on the phone, then reset everything from a very recent I Coud back-up. Do you think that may resolve any software issue it may have?

Thanks

Scifan57

I deleted al info and settings on the phone, then reset everything from a very recent I Coud back-up. Do you think that may resolve any software issue it may have?

Thanks
If the problem was software related it could help. If there is a hardware issue restoring from a backup won't help.

You are correct. I tried that. Did not work.

Thanks
A full diagnostic at an Apple Store Genius Bar would determine the cause of your problem. The appointments are free and if a repair is needed you’ll be quoted the out of warranty repair cost if your warranty has expired.

A full diagnostic at an Apple Store Genius Bar would determine the cause of your problem. The appointments are free and if a repair is needed you’ll be quoted the out of warranty repair cost if your warranty has expired.

T-Mobile has already ordered me a refurbished, replacement SE. can I assume that it will come with a new battery?

Thanks

T-Mobile has already ordered me a refurbished, replacement SE. can I assume that it will come with a new battery?

Thanks
Like I said earlier, all refurbished iPhones come with a brand new battery. Let us know how your replacement iPhone works.

B1E24E83-3EB7-427B-BDDB-56C22E130675.jpeg
Like I said earlier, all refurbished iPhones come with a brand new battery. Let us know how your replacement iPhone works.

Will do.

Thanks