What's new

Scrolling incoming call number

mtIphone

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to iPhone and trying to set up an SE (2022). When I receive an incoming call, the caller's phone number slowly scrolls across the screen, right to left, instead of just appearing all in one place at once. By the time I get the phone out of my pocket, part of the scrolling number has already disappeared, and only part is on the screen, so I have to wait for it to come around again. Very disfunctional! I saw another thread here on this topic, and the suggested answer was to change the zoom. For me that didn't do anything. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Thanks. That doesn't affect it.
It wouldn’t stop the scrolling but it might have made it easier to see more of the number at any given point. If you named the contact numbers you would perhaps find it easier to manage.

It wouldn’t stop the scrolling but it might have made it easier to see more of the number at any given point. If you named the contact numbers you would perhaps find it easier to manage.
Changing the text size doesn't affect the scroll at all. And the problem isn't with calls from people in my contacts, it's with calls from other numbers. Thanks though.

Changing the text size doesn't affect the scroll at all. And the problem isn't with calls from people in my contacts, it's with calls from other numbers. Thanks though.
That’s okay -sorry I’ve not been able to help.

D
Hi, I'm new to iPhone and trying to set up an SE (2022). When I receive an incoming call, the caller's phone number slowly scrolls across the screen, right to left, instead of just appearing all in one place at once. By the time I get the phone out of my pocket, part of the scrolling number has already disappeared, and only part is on the screen, so I have to wait for it to come around again. Very disfunctional! I saw another thread here on this topic, and the suggested answer was to change the zoom. For me that didn't do anything. Any other suggestions? Thanks!
Try changing the view from Zoomed to standard