What's new

safari is not working :(

mach1man

Reaction score
Ok so I've been semi-tethered jailbreak 5.1 for about 2 weeks. Every since I jailbroke my phone safari hasn't worked I thought that was just the nature of jailbreaking so I download dolphin browser and been ok. Is there a way to get safari working or away to change the default browser action?

oh and I just downloaded icleaner from big boss and its not working either. I even tried to redownload it but nothing. I click the icon it flashes like it wants to load then back to my main screen. Any ideas?

I have tether booted but no luck. What is Zephyr?

Oh lil update icleaner is working but that's do to an update in cydia for that app. But still no safari.

Oh lil update icleaner is working but that's do to an update in cydia for that app. But still no safari.

Install the Semi-Tether package from this repo: thebigboss.org/semitether

Install that package from Cydia

Open it, if you need to reapply, then tap the reapply button.

Toggle On "Patch Safari".

Reboot phone (not rebooting tethered. Reboot into the semi-tethered none-jailbroken state)

Open Safari. If it opens without crashing, then great, but no promises. Just close it and quit it via the app switcher. If it does not open..........Then sorry, continue on.

Now plug in iPhone.

Shut down

Enter DFU mode

Open redsn0w

Click the "Just boot" button.

Hopefully Safari works. ......................Hopefully:/

Nope still didn't work :( Is there away to make safari non default so when I click a link in my mail it does try to open safari?

mach1man said:
Nope still didn't work :( Is there away to make safari non default so when I click a link in my mail it does try to open safari?

Yes, there is a tweak in Cydia for that.