What's new

Removing pictures manually?

ca3sar

Reaction score
I dont synch my iphone i manage it manually through itunes. Is there a way to delete pictures synched with itunes?

When you use iTunes you are syncing..if you'd like to delete a photo before syncing using iTunes, manually delete the photo on your iPhone.

And how do I remove pics manually from the phone? (from another newb..:)...

thx

When viewing pictures tap one so that the menu appears then press the trash can icon...

my phone does NOT give a trash can in that menu when tapped. it give a next arrow, backwards arrow, play button, and a circle like arrow when you hit it, it goes to:email,mms,assign contact, use as wallpaper, print.

but no trash can? (i do know what it looks like..its in my email like that...)

my phone does NOT give a trash can in that menu when tapped. it give a next arrow, backwards arrow, play button, and a circle like arrow when you hit it, it goes to:email,mms,assign contact, use as wallpaper, print.

If the photo is in an email simply delete the email, if you would like to save the photo to your camera roll, then tap and hold the photo, choose save image, if you'd like to delete from camera roll, open your photos app, choose a photo and tap the trashcan...

Your iphone has a trashcan icon at the bottom of both apps..

Are they pictures that are sync'd from your computer through itunes? If so, you'll have to delete the picture in the folder that's sync'd off your computer. At least that's the only way i know how to.

very dumb i cant go into my phone, in pictures, and delete a photo? i cant see how to view or delete them in itunes either?

Actually you don't delete it from iTunes. You delete the photo from the file on your computer before syncing to your phone...

ok, i'll try that. thx. BUT, youre telling me I CANT delete a picture from my phone?

Was it a picture taken with your iPhone or one that you sync'd from your computer?

ok, i'll try that. thx. BUT, youre telling me I CANT delete a picture from my phone?

If it's a picture you took or downloaded you can delete from your phone. If it's a picture that's originally from your computer that you have set to sync through itunes, you have to delete the picture from the folder on the computer.

ok, understand, I'll try that thanks. You'd think you could delete ANY picture from your phone too, though....

maybe there is an app for this? anyone?

thx again.

ok, understand, I'll try that thanks. You'd think you could delete ANY picture from your phone too, though....

maybe there is an app for this? anyone?

thx again.
Bob hope this helps, I created a folder on my MacBook Pro in iPhoto called "iPhone Album" in that album I can ONLY delete photos in iPhoto where I created that folder. You CAN delete any photos in your Camera Roll on the iPhone itself, using the trashcan icon.
IMG_0174.png

Basically you just don't sync photos you do not want on your phone by managing them on your desktop/laptop..

I want to remove the pictures from my phone, but also save them on my computer. How do I do that??? The phone is too full :)