What's new

iPhone 4 has NEVER backed up

RandomName

Reaction score
I have an iphone 4 that I purchased in April 2011 and have never been able to synch. When the phone attempts to synch it gets to step 2 “Backing up” and never completes. I have let the phone connected for 3 days and it never completes. Once it begins backing up, iTunes stops working and has to be closed using task manager. I have tried “x”ing out of the back up as is recommended, but cannot because iTunes is frozen. I have the most up to date version of iTunes on the phone and computer. I have restored the phone 3 times and deleted 100% of the apps and pictures off the phone (never had any music since I can’t synch).

Any ideas on what I can do short of taking a hammer to the phone?

I considered using iCloud to back up but that still won't let me get the music from my computer onto the phone. Plus I don't use iCloud, my preference is to make the phone I paid for to work properly.

I thought you wanted to do a back up...
However if you want to find out what is the problem... I can't help you...
Good luck!

I have an iphone 4 that I purchased in April 2011 and have never been able to synch. When the phone attempts to synch it gets to step 2 “Backing up” and never completes. I have let the phone connected for 3 days and it never completes. Once it begins backing up, iTunes stops working and has to be closed using task manager. I have tried “x”ing out of the back up as is recommended, but cannot because iTunes is frozen. I have the most up to date version of iTunes on the phone and computer. I have restored the phone 3 times and deleted 100% of the apps and pictures off the phone (never had any music since I can’t synch).

Any ideas on what I can do short of taking a hammer to the phone?

What version of Windows do you have?