What's new

Question about iOS 5 jb

actony

Reaction score
Hi, everyone. I am Tony. I want to ask whether jailbreak iOS 5 is good or not. Somebody said that after jailbreaking, we cannot access to the app store, is he correct?

You can access it just fine, but ios 5 beta's are jailbroken but tethered only

I have Verizon and I installed iOS 5 beta 7 but my signal would stay it would have full bars one sec and searching for signal the next and yes am sure I put the right version

PRL = Preferred Roaming List.

This is the list the phone uses to handle cell towers. IE which ones it can talk to.

First you dial *228

After you hear the voice start talking dial 2.

Wait. It will auto hang up and tell you it is done.

Ok I did that before installing iOS 5. But it won't allow me to do it after since calls don't go threw. Without signal. Also when I connect it to iTunes it gives me error 1600 and says cannot update my service setting

Ok, I am going to ask what is the difference between tethered and untethered jailbreak? Sorry I'm sure this is a dumb question, but still relatively new to iPhone. Thanks

Ok, I am going to ask what is the difference between tethered and untethered jailbreak? Sorry I'm sure this is a dumb question, but still relatively new to iPhone. Thanks

tethered = the phone has to stay on indefintely or you will lose your jailbreak, or you will have to use the computer to reboot the phone

untethered = you can reboot at anytime and still be jailbroken

Actually I am pretty sure they already can do an untethered jailbreak on both versions. And if I was them, I wouldn't release it. The reasoning is very simple. All they need to do is check each iOS 5 beta to see if the jailbreak hole still exists. If it does, they sit back and wait with a smile.

That is how the Xbox 360 was hacked on day one. They found a hole in the DVD firmware for the original Xbox and didn't announce the exploit. Microsoft thought the DVD drive was secure and didn't change anything for the 360. Bam, instant exploit.

Skull One said:
Actually I am pretty sure they already can do an untethered jailbreak on both versions. And if I was them, I wouldn't release it. The reasoning is very simple. All they need to do is check each iOS 5 beta to see if the jailbreak hole still exists. If it does, they sit back and wait with a smile.

That is how the Xbox 360 was hacked on day one. They found a hole in the DVD firmware for the original Xbox and didn't announce the exploit. Microsoft thought the DVD drive was secure and didn't change anything for the 360. Bam, instant exploit.

your probably right, makes sense! I'm getting pumped :)

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Skull One said:
Are you a registered developer?

Nope I just went to YouTube and they showed me how to do it with out being a developer or registered udid

Skull One said:
Are you a registered developer?

Nope I just went to YouTube and they showed me how to do it with out being a developer or registered udid

I was really hoping you wouldn't type that. But that is your problem.

Well you are learning a very valuable lesson. Don't try to circumvent an iOS Beta. Especially when they are doing over the air updates and require the phone to have a proper iOS Team Provisioning Profile loaded.

You are pretty much hosed until one of four conditions occur.

1) You go to your nearest Apple store, plead with them to restore your phone and they take pity on you. Good luck with that one.

2) You spend $99 and become a legit developer.

3) You get someone to legally register your UID on their developer account. Of course the person that does it, then exposes them-self to having their developer account revoked.

4) Wait until iOS 5 is officially released and you use iTunes to load it.