What's new

problems with replaced battery

njmaxpayne

Reaction score
So the battery on my iphone 6 started acting up.It would say 70% and then i'll make a phone call and will go down to 3% and just dies.So I figured i'll replace it.I ordered a new battery from ebay paid like 20$ came with all the tools.replacement was pretty easy but after that the problems started.So the battery doesnt die all of a sudden as it was before but dies in like 3h only on stand by AND my finger print stopped working.Why is that and can it be fixed?Is it the battery or the chip itself

So the battery on my iphone 6 started acting up.It would say 70% and then i'll make a phone call and will go down to 3% and just dies.So I figured i'll replace it.I ordered a new battery from ebay paid like 20$ came with all the tools.replacement was pretty easy but after that the problems started.So the battery doesnt die all of a sudden as it was before but dies in like 3h only on stand by AND my finger print stopped working.Why is that and can it be fixed?Is it the battery or the chip itself
If the replacement battery was not an original Apple replacement battery it's very likely that the battery specifications printed on the battery are fake and the battery has far less capacity than stated.

In regards to the Touch ID no longer working, it's possible you may have accidentally damaged the home button, the cable connecting it to the logic board, or the Touch ID chip itself on the logic board.
Carefully look everything over for any signs of damage. Comparison of the internals of your iPhone to the photos in the ifixit tear down for your model is also a good idea and may make it easier to spot any potential damage.

I was very carefull.I unplugged all cables and removed the screen before even messing with the battery.So would apple sell replacement batteries.It makes sense for that to be the problem.But duying THAT fast tho??

I was very carefull.I unplugged all cables and removed the screen before even messing with the battery.So would apple sell replacement batteries.It makes sense for that to be the problem.But duying THAT fast tho??
Apple does not sell replacement parts to the public. You'll have to buy them from a third party supplier. iFixit offers a complete line of genuine Apple repair parts and the tools necessary for any repair job. They're more expensive than the prices you pay on eBay but they warranty everything they sell and you will receive genuine OEM parts.

ok sooo I took it to a place that buys suplies from ifixit.com bought the new battery,installed same thing...tried a old original battery..same thing.So it's ot the battery.Is there a possibility that it might be my screen/digitizer shorting out somewhere and eating up the battery or maybe the home button is shorting up? should I bother getting a new screen and home button?what do u guys think

I think you should take it to a genuine Apple Store or approved reseller.

I think you should take it to a genuine Apple Store or approved reseller.

but then i'll have to pay 2-300 for repair which i'' trying to avoid.That's why i'm on the forum lol.all i'' trying to acomplish is to make it keep me for another month until i see the feedback and reviews on the 7 then i'll get it

ok sooo I took it to a place that buys suplies from ifixit.com bought the new battery,installed same thing...tried a old original battery..same thing.So it's ot the battery.Is there a possibility that it might be my screen/digitizer shorting out somewhere and eating up the battery or maybe the home button is shorting up? should I bother getting a new screen and home button?what do u guys think
I think you need a diagnostic on the logic board and screen before you replace any more parts. You could easily end up paying more for parts that you don't need than an official repair would have cost.

I reckon it time for the HAMMER [emoji375]

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.