What's new

Problems updating software

blaster2000pt

Reaction score
Hi,
I have one Iphone 4 that has a 4.2.1 (greenpoison) version. I tried to update it and it stoked in middle of updating. Doesn't show any error message. Simply, hangs.
I tried to do a CFW with 4.2.1 and others and nothing. I tried with win and mac. I don't know what can I do more. I need help, urgently.

You are trying to upgrade it to what version of iOS? If it's the latest one, unplug your phone from the computer, get your iTunes to the latest update, restart your computer after the iTunes update and try the restore again.

You are trying to upgrade it to what version of iOS? If it's the latest one, unplug your phone from the computer, get your iTunes to the latest update, restart your computer after the iTunes update and try the restore again.
Yes, it was the lastest one. I've tried all that I read on internet but any solution solves my problem. Can I restore any other way? I saved shsh of 4.2.1 but even so.

Last edited:
the original one!

Ok, since the upgrade didn't go through, you should be able to run the phone right? And if yes, iTunes read up your phone well when you connect it to your computer? If yes, manually download the latest "ipsw 4.2.8 cdma" and manually direct iTunes to the ipsw you downloaded for iTunes to upgrade it into your phone. It could be the ipsw which iTunes is trying to flash into your device which is not good.

the original one!

Ok, since the upgrade didn't go through, you should be able to run the phone right? And if yes, iTunes read up your phone well when you connect it to your computer? If yes, manually download the latest "ipsw 4.2.8 cdma" and manually direct iTunes to the ipsw you downloaded for iTunes to upgrade it into your phone. It could be the ipsw which iTunes is trying to flash into your device which is not good.

-The phone doesn't have any firmware installed.
-Itunes read up when I connect it.
-I've tried 4.1, 4.2.1, 4.3 and nothing.

I will try the 4.2.8...

I will try the 4.2.8...

ok try that. Try cooking the 4.2.8 with snowbreeze and upgrading with the help of snowbreeze, if it fails then put your cooked 4.2.8 into that folder I mentioned up there and upgrade normally, without snowbreeze.

I will try the 4.2.8...

ok try that. Try cooking the 4.2.8 with snowbreeze and upgrading with the help of snowbreeze, if it fails then put your cooked 4.2.8 into that folder I mentioned up there and upgrade normally, without snowbreeze.

It fails. Gives the message: the firmware is not compatible! I did the same thing with 4.3 (gsm) but it fails, too.

Anybody helps me? I don't know what I have to do more. Should I go to apple to solve this?

Solved!!! With PWNAGETOOL 4.3.3
wink.gif