What's new

Problems in reading SIM

gpavan007

Reaction score
I have an iphone4g, I am using this since sep 10, since a week it is giving me problems, It says invalid sim. I got new sim and installed but still the same message.....Can any one help me what to do??

It is not factory unlocked phone, I did it using ultrasnow

Also when I replaced the new sim it worked for few hours and then showing message invalid sim....I have firmware version 4.0.1 and baseband 01.59.00...

Some one please help!!

I'm clueless why it would do that. You have proper version of baseband, so ultrasn0w should do the trick. I hope someone comes here and helps you soon.

If you start reinstalling iOS make sure you do it using sn0wbreeze in baseband preservation mode. If you have SHSH for your firmware you could try reinstalling, if not, 4.3.5 is what you can go to now. BASEBAND preservation, write it somewhere visible.

Right now, let's wait, maybe someone could help you. What you could do is stick that SIM into some other phone and see if it works. You could stick a micro SIM into a regular SIM sized phone; contact area is the same - get it out with a needle.

Thanks alot!

SIM is working fine in other phone. Can you help on how to save SHSH for firmware? what happens if I restore factory settings? if required I can jailbreak and unlock my phone again...

You can't save SHSH for 4.0.1 anymore, all you can do is save SHSH for 4.3.5 using tinyumbrella.

You restore factory setting by upgrading to iOS 4.3.5 using sn0wbreeze in baseband preservation mode. I don't think it's factory settings issue, since ultrasn0w has nothing to do with factory.