What's new

Printing from 3gs to my wifi printer not working

Tazzie Tiger

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me why my phone will not sinc or allow me to print from my phone? When I hit print it comes up no printers found, my wireless printer is not locked either

If memory serves you must have an AirPrint compatible printer to do this.

Should you have a computer that is running OSX, there is a way to get around this limitation.

If memory serves you must have an AirPrint compatible printer to do this.

you have a good memory oh chosen one! (Laughs out loud) yes to AirPrint it has to be an AirPrint printer. All the details for which printers are compatible are on the apple website.

iHolophyte

you have a good memory oh chosen one! (Laughs out loud) yes to AirPrint it has to be an AirPrint printer. All the details for which printers are compatible are on the apple website.

iHolophyte

I know what I have been chosen for.... the ignore list!

The good news is, OSX users can use any printer for AirPrint with a quick install of an application. I am using an old Cannon printer that was made before the first iPhone came out.

I know what I have been chosen for.... the ignore list!

The good news is, OSX users can use any printer for AirPrint with a quick install of an application. I am using an old Cannon printer that was made before the first iPhone came out.

I know all about the "Ignore list" so don't worry about it...I'm taking the OSX is a JB application?

Thanks guys, my phone isn't JB but I'll look for an app that may help

Tazzie Tiger said:
Thanks guys, my phone isn't JB but I'll look for an app that may help

If you have a Macintosh computer I have a solution that you run legally on OSX that doesn't require a jailbreak for iOS.

Skull One said:
If you have a Macintosh computer I have a solution that you run legally on OSX that doesn't require a jailbreak for iOS.

I have a Mac. I would love to know this solution please!

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

I don't use mac unfortunately, do u know an app that works with windows to make my printer an AirPrint printer?

Ok, downloaded an app on comp lappy from fingerprint, enables a non AirPrint printer to work..... But only when my lappy is turned on!!! Grrr