What's new

Podcast app update

Kmiller9959

Reaction score
I looked around for a similar thread and didn't find one. Sorry if I missed it.

With the older podcast app, you could slide the podcast art off and reveal a reel to reel player along with a progress bar which allowed you to skip to any point in the podcast, which is quite useful when you listen to a 3 hour podcast in 30 minute sessions. As far as I can tell this progress bar is missing from the updated version of the app. Does anyone have any idea how to jump ahead or behind in this new version?

I looked around for a similar thread and didn't find one. Sorry if I missed it.

With the older podcast app, you could slide the podcast art off and reveal a reel to reel player along with a progress bar which allowed you to skip to any point in the podcast, which is quite useful when you listen to a 3 hour podcast in 30 minute sessions. As far as I can tell this progress bar is missing from the updated version of the app. Does anyone have any idea how to jump ahead or behind in this new version?

There's no way to revert to an older version of this app. The only thing you can do is check the AppStore often to see if the apps been updated.
Also, you can try to delete the app and download it again to see if this fixes your issue.

I'd try a hard reset first though (hold the sleep/wake button and the home button simultaneously until the phone shuts off and cuts back on with the silver apple logo).

I wonder what the logic behind intentionally removing a useful function of an app would be. Especially one that was so reviled in he first place.

As it turns out, you can bring up the progress bar by tapping the center of the screen rather than sliding the image off like it was before the update.