What's new

please help me

Dilanbarawi

Reaction score
Hi dears

I recently upgraded my iphone 4 to (ios7) but this text pops up please help me with this problem

$sim.jpg

As it says on the screen. You'll need to get your hands on the locked carrier's SIM with a valid account on it to activate. Otherwise, you'll need to purchase an IMEI/carrier unlocking service to get it working without the original carrier's SIM.

thank you for your reply, can you show me how do I purchase an IMEI/carrier unlocking service to get it working?

If the phone worked before the update, I'm guessing it was a jailbreak to go on another network....

Depends on your carrier. You can either purchase an interposer to unlock it via hardware, or if the cost for your carrier's unlock isn't that much, you can go for a permanent unlock through an IMEI/carrier servicer. ApplenBerry is the only unlocking site that we can vouch for. Any other sites are at your own risk.

thanks alot for you, please can you tell me how do I jailbreak to go on another network?

thanks alot for you, please can you tell me how do I jailbreak to go on another network?
Jailbreaking and unlocking are two separate procedures. Jailbreaking will not unlock your phone. You need to contact your carrier or a third party unlocking service, such as ApplenBerry, as recommended by Willerz2.

1. Jailbreaking an iPhone 4 on iOS 7 is not for the average user as there are no tools to do it, everything must be done manually
  2. Only the 01.59.00 baseband is supported by UltraSn0w for the iPhone 4
  3. UltraSn0w does not support iOS 6.1.2+ for the iPhone 4 and the iPhone 3GS new bootrom, only the 3GS old bootrom is supported.
  4. UltraSn0w has ceased to be updated by its developers, so UltraSn0w will not run on the iOS 7 4 at all.
So even if all of the above were to be possible/true, you still cannot unlock your device based on number four.

Thanks again dear Sir, So how can I unlock this IMEI:"012424000537165" please suggest me for doing it by myself at home

You would have to find an IMEI unlock provider online. You will need to know the country of origin of the device, the original carrier of the device, and the IMEI number of the device. Click on the site linked above to ApplenBerry and choose either US or International, where International covers non-US carriers.

Open up the dropdown list of carriers and countries of origin and select the one that matches your device's carrier of origin, and see how much it would cost or whether it's unlockable through ApplenBerry or not. If the price is right, fill in the information accordingly and wait anywhere from 5 minutes to 48 hours for the unlock to take effect.

Dear Sir how to find out to witch network iphone is locked?
can you please check it for my IMEI "012424000537165"

All I can tell is that it's a UK originated device. I can't tell which carrier it's from.

Last edited: