What's new

Please help me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhino

Reaction score
Hiya folks,

I think my 4S is now ruined all through my own fault to be honest.

I updated to iOS7 beta (not a developer though) and after a few days of it I wanted to go back to iOS6.

To cut a long story short I got an error code and have not had a working iPhone all day. Tried installing the iOS7 again and got the standard setup for developers and got the message explaining I would have to sign up to a developer account via iTunes.

Now when I plug my iPhone into the computer, iTunes just stated "We're unable to complete your activation". So now I don't even have the buttons or option to attempt to restore again.

Please can someone help my very stupid self :(

Rhino

It was 1611 I think but now I cannot even get the iPhone into DFU mode at all :(

Which is why you don't follow any scams about "running beta without developer account". Perform a DFU restore on the device to 6.1.3, ensure that a working SIM is inserted, and activate through the device directly.

For 1611 I believe you have to add the host to enable the security to allow the Apple software to run smoothly

Bazinga!

For 1611 I believe you have to add the host to enable the security to allow the Apple software to run smoothly

Bazinga!

Don't misinform. 1611 is a restore mode issue. This is fixed by putting the device into DFU mode.

Forgot to ask in my previous post. What's preventing your device from DFU-ing

My fat fingers! Managed to get it into DFU and I have now restored to iOS6. Thanks to everyone for their help, one happy chappy here :)

Cool. Glad we sorted that out. For those that have a broken power or home button when reading this, you can create a DFU IPSW to use with iTunes to put the device into DFU mode

My fat fingers! Managed to get it into DFU and I have now restored to iOS6. Thanks to everyone for their help, one happy chappy here :)
ah! SFS (sausage finger syndrome) lol,glad you got sorted out,i'll close this thread as the problem is resolved.

there is a lesson to be learned here though,do not download pirated versions of iOS 7,we can't always help and in some cases won't help....as Willerz2 said...DONT follow scams about running beta without a developer account.

With respect to the OP we do not offer solutions or support to users whom down load ios7 when they are not developers. I will also state we also will not under any circumstances recommend any one to down load Beta software as you maybe at risk of loosing data and having problems. Our web sites are monitored by many developers whom I am sure will agree to my statement. I ask each and every one of you whom are thinking about download iOS 7 beta to just wait and be patient.

It should be noted that Beta 1 is the beginning of the long road to what is known as Gold beta or release version. Beta software has special codes installed that may make some feature not work or may slow down performance..... The purpose of the pre realise is enable developers test their software and hardware and report back to Apple regarding issues that may occure. It will be buggy and unstable particularly early betas.

Status
Not open for further replies.