What's new

Photos taken with the iPhone 7 or 7 Plus

Gotcha, thanks! I figured it was being done on purpose, but just wanted to be sure [emoji4] I know the iPhone's camera reputation but I will be a first time iPhone user (hopefully soon!) and want to be sure the camera can match that of my S7 Edge (which, from what I see in this thread, it likey will).

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
No idea about the S7 Edge. I had an SGS 3 before I've ordered my first iPhone, two years ago. I was always disappointed when I saw the pictures the Samsung took. My first iPhone was a 6 Plus. It had 8 MP, just like the SGS before, but it took way better photos.

IMG_8042.JPG

This is not sunset, the formations below the sun are clouds, not mountains.
IMG_8065.JPG

How big is difference between iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus Dual Camera?
Example in percent...:)
That's something that's impossible to quantify on a percentage basis. Both cameras have a resolution of 12 MP and optical image stabilization. The 7 Plus has a second telephoto lens for an optical zoom effect.

Questions from an iphone newbie:

When viewing photos, I notice that there is a split second of motion captured on each photo. (I can see my wife's hair move for a split second) I thought I was crazy at first, but I can see now that all my pictures do this.

First question:

Is there a way to turn off the above? I'm sure it must take a little extra space and it's a feature I do not care about at all.

Second question:

I've read about how photos sometimes show upside down with the iphone. From what I understand, there is a "correct" orientation to hold the phone when taking pictures and that each photo contains meta data that should make them show rightside up even when taken upside down in most programs. Is there a way to change it so the other way is now rightside up? I have been taking pictures this way for too many years, it will be very difficult to change my ways now.

1. You've enabled Live Photos. To disable it, open the Camera app, and tap this icon:
IMG_5992.JPG

Your iPhone will display "Live Off" for a short time, the icon will be white afterwards (just like mine is).

2. There's no setting to change how the iPhone shows images the way you'd prefer it. Sorry!