What's new

Phone stuck in recovery mode - Backup question

Jaymie1989

Reaction score
Hi,

Got given a iPhone 6s with a rather broken LCD that wouldnt show anything.
Plugged it into my PC and iTunes says its in recovery mode. I have tried to exit DFU mode but it always seems to restart in recovery mode again.

I have a new LCD (Not an eBay crap one) but the LCD doesnt work and I cant see anything with a light shined on it.

Is there any way of backing up the iPhone contents such as pictures. Doesnt have to be through iTunes. I'm happy to pay for other software to do it.
Also do you think this could be a logic board issue?

You’re going to have to get the screen working before you can proceed. There’s no way to tell, without a full diagnostic, exactly where the problem is.

Reactions: 933
Jaymie1989. Sorry to hear about your problem. I had the recovery mode problem with my new 6s. the only fix is thru Apple, and it takes 7+ days before they can get to you. But it looks like your phone is not in warranty, and this is a big problem. When I was in recovery mode it was because I failed to verify my phone 3 times. What happens is you get locked out, only send and receive calls. When the recovery get to you they will setup you up to receive a verification code, and then your back. My issue was that I changed my number and it was the only option I had to receive a code. Since the code went to the old number, I kept trying to change my code option and of course failed.

Henry