Phone shutting off with plenty of battery

Discussion in 'iPhone Help' started by Brentsideways, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Brentsideways

Brentsideways New Member

Hi, new here. I got an iPhone 4 in August and had a battery issue....After about a month my phone would just power off with 30% battery life, then 40%, then 50% and finally 60%. I would go to turn it back on and it would display a battery drain and I would plug the phone into the wall charger and it would turn back on and continue charging from where it powered off. I took it to the genius bar and they replaced it with a new one, now I am having the same problem. I did a reset by pressing the home and power button but to no avail. Has anyone else had this issue? The guy at genius bar said he hasn't heard of it before. I was planning on resetting back to factory settings when I get home from work but wanted to see if anyone has experienced this before. Thanks!

A little background:
    I only have apps that I use often, about 6 or 7 apps.
    Never had contact with any form of liquid
    Never experienced the overheating of the phone itself while charging or others.
    I close apps once I'm done using them.
    I use 3g more than wifi when using the interwebz.
    Haven't dropped it or crushed it, etc.
    I never leave it on the charger after it reaches 100%

2. bmahony

bmahony New Member

restore it to factory settings when you can does it run on 5.0.1 or other run the battery out completely until it shows less than 2 percent delete all your apps and all e-mail settings take out the sim and start again remove all music and start again

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

3. Brentsideways

Brentsideways New Member

Cool, thanks BMahoney. It runs OS 5.0.1, now that I think of it it started doing this again after I updated OS. I will try the factory reset tonight when I get home. I can't let it run down to 2% because it is currently powering off at 56%

4. bmahony

bmahony New Member

you might have a phone problem as well if its under warranty tell them you want a new phone as battery was changed already sounds to me like its a software or memory issue when i charge mine i wait until its completely dead and i then charge it overnight again maybe 7 or 8 hour to a charge my phone is 14 months old and never game me an ounce of grief

5. bmahony

bmahony New Member

charge it for 6 hours turn off everything after you fully charge it then if it persists new phone

6. bmahony

bmahony New Member

your i tunes might be off as well delete / reinstall as well