What's new

Phone issue?

Moparherb

Reaction score
Im not sure if this is my iPhone 6S issue or my iPad Air 2. The iPad is not a cellular version but I can usually answer my cell phone using the iPad if they are both in the house on the home wi-fi. But lately (I think since the last update) when I get a cell phone call I cannot get it on the cell phone. Haven't tried to answer it on the iPad. I slide the slide to the left but no one is ever there and callers tell me it rings many times but no answer. Any suggestions on what is causing this issue. Thanks for any help.

To answer a phone call, swipe to the right.

Usually you should be able to accept a phone call on the iPad as well.

To get rid of your problem with the iPhone:
Make sure you are connected to your network.
If you are connected, put your iPhone into Airplane Mode. Wait for a few minutes, then disable Airplane Mode.
Maybe you have a carrier update. Go to Settings - General - About. If there's an update, you'll see a popup, telling you about it.
Reset your network settings in Settings - General - Reset. Then set up your connections again afterwards.
If that doesn't help either, restore your iPhone using iTunes. The last solution would be to erase your device completely, and set it up as new. Hopefully, this won't be necessary.

Also, check in settings on the iPad. FaceTime>Calls to IPhone and make sure it is toggled on. Sometimes things change during the update process.