What's new

looking into buying my first iphone

hicklinc

Reaction score
this question has probably been answered many times so if it has please point me in the right direction or answer it for me ive wanted a ipod touch for a while now and its time to get a new cell phone so i thought i would get a iphone 4s and save some money my question has to do with memory size im mainly going to use it for music, have a couple of apps not to crazy, normal cell phone function, and some photos many a couple short videos for what im looking to use it for do you think theirs any point in going the 64gb route

this question has probably been answered many times so if it has please point me in the right direction or answer it for me ive wanted a ipod touch for a while now and its time to get a new cell phone so i thought i would get a iphone 4s and save some money my question has to do with memory size im mainly going to use it for music, have a couple of apps not to crazy, normal cell phone function, and some photos many a couple short videos for what im looking to use it for do you think theirs any point in going the 64gb route

if you have a large collection of music then i would definatly look into buying the 64gb iphone, or even the 32? when i got my ip4 i thought 16gb would be more than enough for me, but as time went on i decided to sell my ipod touch and transfer all my music to my iphone, this is where the 32 or 64 would be handy! so id recomend getting as high as u feel u can affoard to buy.

do you know where i can find out home much the 32 and 64 can hold

do you know where i can find out home much the 32 and 64 can hold

abit of googling brought me up with this, but not that sue how accurate this is

"Assuming an average size MP3 file, that is encoded at around 160Kbps, and about 3.5 minutes long, the size will be around 4Mb. while this can't be true to 100% of your music, it's probably a fairly good average to consider, and at that rate, you can place about 8,000 songs on the 32Gb iPod."

however with an iphone apps, contacts photo's etc will take up some of that memory too so that is actually a really rough estimation, my advice would be to maybe calculate how much Gb your current music collection stands at and use that as a rough guide.

I went with the 64 because you never know how much stuff you will really use the phone for. Its better to do to much than to little, you never know how much you need it till its to late.

I went with the 64 because you never know how much stuff you will really use the phone for. Its better to do to much than to little, you never know how much you need it till its to late.

very true, i regret only getting the 16gb. but plan to make up for it and get atleast a 32gb ipad2 ina few weeks :)

If you don't put a lot of movies on your phone then I think 32g might be enough for you. I have the 32 and have a good amount left.

Attachments

• $image-544991850.jpg
    $image-544991850.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 295
usually the 16 GB is enough.many people like larger storage like 32 GB and 64 GB.but how many of them can use half of the storage ??

usually the 16 GB is enough.many people like larger storage like 32 GB and 64 GB.but how many of them can use half of the storage ??

If using their iPhone for movies then it's easy done.

toplicphone said:

Ive used up 9gb of my 16 allready in just a few months with mostly music and apps. Its quite easily done.

im going to get the 64 sometime before christmas because it was inbetween the 32 and 64 and its only 100 dollars difference so why not

chantelle310 said:
very true, i regret only getting the 16gb. but plan to make up for it and get atleast a 32gb ipad2 ina few weeks :)

Did you know you can exchange the 16GB for a bigger one?

I did, bought 16GB on a Sunday and exchanged it that Friday for a 32GB. Only paid the difference of the phones.

Did you know you can exchange the 16GB for a bigger one?

I did, bought 16GB on a Sunday and exchanged it that Friday for a 32GB. Only paid the difference of the phones.

ive had my iphone for a few months... and used it quite alot plus im jailbroken, also i didnt get it from the apple store if that makes a difference?