What's new

Passcode in Camera Roll?

twalter

Reaction score
Trying to import photos via I-photo but get the message

"Photos in the Camera Roll of "iPhone" cannot be imported because the device is locked with passcode."
You must unlock the device to import them"

My phone does not have a pass code but to be sure i went to settings created on and set it to 'unlocked'

Is there any other settings on my phone that would prevent it from sharing the photo's?

Thanks in advance, the iPhoto group claimed this was a phone problem!

~tw

Welcome to iPhoneForums, twalter!

It looks like you didn't trust the computer when you connected your iPhone to it.

Here's what you have to do:
Disconnect your iPhone.
Open iTunes on your computer.
Connect your iPhone again. When the popup appears on your iPhone (Trust this computer?) select Yes.

Hope that helps.

Welcome to iPhoneForums, twalter!

It looks like you didn't trust the computer when you connected your iPhone to it.

Here's what you have to do:
Disconnect your iPhone.
Open iTunes on your computer.
Connect your iPhone again. When the popup appears on your iPhone (Trust this computer?) select Yes.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, had to open in iTunes to get the popup and the all was well! it works!

I have been having the same issue lately. Until now, I have had no problems with my iPhone, but suddenly it started asking if I trust this computer, and occasionally it will tell me it can't download photos because the phone is locked. I cannot make any sense out of what might have changed to cause it to do this. I *never* set a passcode on my phone, and when it started asking if I trust this computer, I *always* answer "yes".

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

Is the screen locked (turned off, black) when you connect your iPhone? That would be an explanation why it can't access your device, to download photos.

Hmmmm....yes, I believe so, but it is ALWAYS closed (black) when I connect it, so I don't understand why that would start up doing that now.

It looks like our problem is caused by the "Trust this computer" alert.

Your device should remember that it trusts the computer.
Did you update iTunes recently, or erase your iPhone, or reset location and privacy on your iPhone?

No, none of those. I rarely change anything on my computer or my phone. It simply worked one day, and the next day it didn't. I unplugged it from the computer and plugged it back in and it was fine. It now happens randomly. I will observe it more closely to see if I can determine any patterns or if opening the screen makes any difference, but I'm pretty sure I've plugged it in while the screen was dark from the beginning. It might *occasionally* be active because I was using it and noticed it needed a charge, but for the most part, always dark. And I never had a problem with it until recently. As long as I know it's not some major glitch, I'm okay with it. It's annoying, but I can make it work. ;)

I am having this very same Issue with my iPhone 6s. It has always worked previously but know i can't connect to iTunes or iPhoto. I get a message on my phone saying do i trust this computer, i hit trust but then i get a message in iTunes saying iPhone cannot be connected because of an invalid response. This is the same commuter (macbook Pro) that i have always used. I recently update to the latest software over WiFi, would this have anything to do with it?
Thanks for your help.

The message you get (invalid response) is caused by troubles with the USB connection. Try a different USB port, if possible. Unplug every other USB device.

Restart computer as well as iPhone .

I have the same problem since the latest system software update on my iPhone - "Photos in the Camera Roll cannot be viewed or imported because the iPhone is locked with a passcode". Also, I cannot connect to iTunes. (I have the latest iTunes version that my Mac recognises (11.4 (18).) I click "Trust this computer" when prompted. I tried with different USB ports, different cables, disabling the passcode, keeping the phone on, restarting - nothing works.