What's new

Panoramic photo Easter Egg

antainso

Reaction score
I read on a news website about a month ago that there is a panoramic feature (easter egg) for the iPhone 4S. I own a 3GS and was wondering if anyone knew if there is going to be anything like this or if there is an app that does panoramic photos

There are apps doing that for sure in the app store.

Yeah there is a built in "Panorama" mode which will show up as a choice when your in photo mode if you unlock the hidden feature first (I unlocked my "panorama mode" using a cydia app - cant remember the name of it sorry)

I had it on my iphone4 but it does a terrible job to be honest and the other 3rd party apps out there do a much, much much better job (Ive removed my built in panorama after failing to achieve any kind of decent result)

Its not worth it - Trust me - Its hidden due to it not being ready for release yet.

Edit - Im sure theres a cydia tweak I used (perhaps called firebreak?) but you can manually enable it by following these instructions
http://gizmodo.com/5857318/how-to-enable-the-secret-panorama-mode-hidden-in-the-iphones-camera

Last edited:
I tried to download a panoramic camera app but it asks to calibrate it and for some stupid reason it won't calibrate. So I got rid of it. I think its called 360 Panorama?

lol thats the one I use (360 panorama) I didnt have to calibrate mine though hmmmm - I can tell you though that the results from 360 panorama are about 100times better than what apple manages to do with its own built in software lols

PS that cydia app to unlock panorama mode on the iphone is called firebreak (can be seen here)
Absolutely positively a waste of time though lols

!

Last edited by a moderator: