What's new

Oops

discopod

Reaction score
Went to Portugal last week and as it was so hot decided to jump in the pool to cool off. Unfortunately I forgot my iPhone was in my pocket. I didn't realise for at least 10 minutes.
As I expected it was completely dead and waterlogged to say the least.
Remembered seeing on the gadget show to immerse it in a bowl of rice.
After a day it was still dead so having nothing to loose I plugged the charger in. After a couple of mins the apple symbol flickered into life. Left it for an hour and was amazed as it sort of worked all be it very flickery and seemed to have a mind of it's own.
After 3 days of drying out it is fully functioning with everthing working perfectly and as good as the day I bought it ( 2 months ago ).
I am in awe of the iPhone 4

Went to Portugal last week and as it was so hot decided to jump in the pool to cool off. Unfortunately I forgot my iPhone was in my pocket. I didn't realise for at least 10 minutes.
As I expected it was completely dead and waterlogged to say the least.
Remembered seeing on the gadget show to immerse it in a bowl of rice.
After a day it was still dead so having nothing to loose I plugged the charger in. After a couple of mins the apple symbol flickered into life. Left it for an hour and was amazed as it sort of worked all be it very flickery and seemed to have a mind of it's own.
After 3 days of drying out it is fully functioning with everthing working perfectly and as good as the day I bought it ( 2 months ago ).
I am in awe of the iPhone 4

wow thats amazing that you managed to get it working again and you did nto even take it apart? you just plugged it into the charger?

When I plugged it in at first for about 30 mins it got so hot i thought i had fried it. I unplugged it left it overnight and plugged it in again. It took a full charge. Maybe it helped to dry it out when it got so hot
I love the iPhone.

discopod said:
When I plugged it in at first for about 30 mins it got so hot i thought i had fried it. I unplugged it left it overnight and plugged it in again. It took a full charge. Maybe it helped to dry it out when it got so hot
I love the iPhone.

The rice trick works wonders. Glad to hear your phone is alright.