What's new

Okay the mobile stopped working altogether now....

HunnieBunnie

Reaction score
I have had problems ever since I downloaded the 10.3.3 thing. Now, tonight, the mobile is not working at all. I tried holding down the button on top, but nothing happens. Plugged it into the computer, but nothing pops up---usually iTunes pops up. What do you think is wrong?? Never has been totally dead like this before. Maybe just a battery??? Will not be able to get it to a shop for days at least. Is there something I can try??

Thanks.

You could check back a couple of days in the 5s forum posts a member had the same problem l think.
They had to go into DFU mode ?
The problem was after the 5S was fixed it was on iOS 11 and no going back.
Maybe that will help you??

Have you tried the power button and home button together for about 15 seconds? This will reboot your phone

What model iPhone?? There are s few different things you can try. First I would try a hard reset. If you have older than an iPhone 7, it’s the power and home button. When you see the Apple logo, let go of the buttons. iPhone 7, hold power and volume down key. And for iPhone 8 it’s something different I believe. Not sure on that one. Good luck and hope you get it fixed.
Also if you can get it to power back up with a hard reset, keep holding the buttons until the phone goes into DFU mode. You’ll have to set the phone back up again, or possibly use an older restore. But try the hard reset first. Good luck and good day.

Thanks kids. The bloody phone is lit up this morning. I have no idea what is going on. Using my tiny and very cheap back up mobile right now. Will have to take the 5s to Apple to be checked I guess. Cannot do that for at least a week, though. Beginning to wonder if this is some sort of security issue.

Thank you all again. You are a great group of kids. Thank you! : )

P.S. I am on the 10.3.3. Have avoided the 11 update altogether so far.

^^^ Do not blame you for a moment. They will need to put me a gunpoint to download 11.

My mobile is still lit up. Looks normal, but I do not trust it. (LOL)

In our family we have one 5S and a 6 on iOS 11.0.2 and no issues at all this far.
My 7 is on iOS 11 Public Beta 2 and nothing wrong this far.

Well my mobile is still working tonight, but I cannot believe how much it has slowed down, and it is not to do with a zillion photos or songs or anything like that. It has to be that 10.3.3 OS. Even make a call through Siri takes longer than before. Has anyone noticed their phone slow down since 10.3.3?

Mine was normal yesterday, Bluetooth headphones on afternoon chilling to Reggae, then l got into an argument with a German Woman and at the same time a Reggae lead call We Germans blah hope you like Germans to.
That’s when my beloved iPhone 5s hit the floor, with a vengeance. l was so angry [emoji34] looks like l will be getting out my iPhone 4 thing or this, old thing. If l by another 5s it must go on iOS 11 no way.
IMG_2091.jpg

^^^ Wow, so sorry to hear this. You know, after Steve Jobs passed (may he rest in peace), I did wonder what would happen to Apple. I admit, I do not follow the news about Apple, but now I am wondering things like happening are due to changes at Apple. Anyone thing Apple is a lot different now that Jobs is gone? Is it moving away from his paradigm/philosophy toward something less competitive than it used to be?

Well to let anyone interested know l didn’t touch my iPhone until late last night it turned on like normal l was amazed.
It still had some power in the battery.
The screen protector seems to have done a fantastic job not a mark more on it.
The holder for the extra battery has been cracked on one corner.
IMG_2829.JPG

I didn’t have the extra battery connected at the time just a thin look good backing.
IMG_2830.JPG

That flew off and got bent up a bit.
I have gained an extra app on now, l have used it before but no idea what it’s called, my 5s was protecting itself l like to believe [emoji106]
IMG_2831.JPG

Bottom right.
It’s a great tool if you need it. I can’t remember how to remove it, can someone tell me please. Danke [emoji120]