What's new

Not able to d/load new ios5

amrp

Reaction score
iphone 4/ I have been trying to download new update IOS5 thro' itunes 10.5.2.11. Many a time it gets disconnected with some Err.
Can any member help in this.
Thanks

That's simply related to your internet connection. the size of the IPSW is about 900mb, so you need to have at least a stable internet connection. You can try to manually download the IPSW 5.0.1 from internet with softwares which can resume the download incase your connection cut off during the IPSW download process. After downloading the IPSW you can manually direct iTunes to the location of the IPSW file in your computer and iTunes will install it into your iPhone. Good luck.

Thanks n I will try this.

iphone 4/ I have been trying to download new update IOS5 thro' itunes 10.5.2.11. Many a time it gets disconnected with some Err.
Can any member help in this.
Thanks
As bab2010 wrote correctly, your connection may be quirky, causing a disruption in this huge download. And thus my comment: Apple seems to think that everyone in the world has super high speed Internet! iTunes upgrades are usually close to 90 MB. iOs updates are close to the gigabyte range. FYI, Apple, not everyone lives in "Cali" where Net speeds are above normal vs mainstream USA. Hopefully iOS 5+ with its incremental updates will be more merciful.

I do not know how "to download the IPSW manually directing iTunes to the location of the IPSW file in computer and iTunes would install it into iPhone.
itunes seems to be unique in this aspect. Can u pl., help by explaining.
Thanks

Google for "Download iPhone 4/4S iOS 5.0.1 IPSW" use a download manager to download it if possible. Save it on your desktop for easy find and use with iTunes. Once the IPSW downloading if done, connect your iPhone to your computer, open up iTunes, highlight your iPhone then go to summary tab and there you will see RESTORE. Before hitting on restore, press down and keep down "shift" key on your computer keyboard and hit restore. A dialogue box will then show up asking you to locate the IPSW file, navigate to your desktop and find the IPSW there, click next and follow onscreen instructions to finish the installation.

bab2010 said:
Google for "Download iPhone 4/4S iOS 5.0.1 IPSW" use a download manager to download it if possible. Save it on your desktop for easy find and use with iTunes. Once the IPSW downloading if done, connect your iPhone to your computer, open up iTunes, highlight your iPhone then go to summary tab and there you will see RESTORE. Before hitting on restore, press down and keep down "shift" key on your computer keyboard and hit restore. A dialogue box will then show up asking you to locate the IPSW file, navigate to your desktop and find the IPSW there, click next and follow onscreen instructions to finish the installation.

Thanks a lot. It worked