What's new

No audio out of ear buds

bernieseal

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Bernie. My Iphone was bought in October of last year, and I never used the earbuds on it. The other day I plugged them in and it started with a high volumn and then stopped working, Since that also I am having trouble with the Text ring when I am in a group of my wife and myself and my Ipad. My wife gets her ring, and so does my ipad but not my iphone, I do get the text though. Is this under warrenty? I have no Apple Store anywhere in the area for at least 200 or more miles. I live in Shady Cove, OR.

Hi, my name is Bernie. My Iphone was bought in October of last year, and I never used the earbuds on it. The other day I plugged them in and it started with a high volumn and then stopped working, Since that also I am having trouble with the Text ring when I am in a group of my wife and myself and my Ipad. My wife gets her ring, and so does my ipad but not my iphone, I do get the text though. Is this under warrenty? I have no Apple Store anywhere in the area for at least 200 or more miles. I live in Shady Cove, OR.
Your iPhone is still under warranty as it has been less than a year since you purchased it. Since you have no Apple Store in your area you should check to see where the nearest authorized service provider is. They would be able to handle any warranty issues with your iPhone.
Enter your iPhone serial number here to check on your warranty coverage. Apple - Support - Check Your Service and Support Coverage
You can then follow up and request service for your iPhone.

You can go here to find the nearest authorized service provider for your iPhone. https://locate.apple.com

Before you do any of that, here's a trouble shooting guide to help narrow down the problem. If your headset isn't working - Apple Support

Does another set of earbuds work with your iPhone? Do the earbuds work with another iPhone? If the earbuds work on another iPhone, the problem is likely to be with your iPhone.

Last edited:
Your iPhone is still under warranty as it has been less than a year since you purchased it. Since you have no Apple Store in your area you should check to see where the nearest authorized service provider is. They would be able to handle any warranty issues with your iPhone.
Enter your iPhone serial number here to check on your warranty coverage. Apple - Support - Check Your Service and Support Coverage
You can then follow up and request service for your iPhone.

You can go here to find the nearest authorized service provider for your iPhone. https://locate.apple.com

Before you do any of that, here's a trouble shooting guide to help narrow down the problem. If your headset isn't working - Apple Support

Does another set of earbuds work with your iPhone? Do the earbuds work with another iPhone? If the earbuds work on another iPhone, the problem is likely to be with your iPhone.
I will check on what is above but fyi, ear buds work on ipad and another pair of buds do not work on phone.. Thx.

I will check on what is above but fyi, ear buds work on ipad and another pair of buds do not work on phone.. Thx.
Since the ear buds work on another iPhone and another set of working ear buds don't work on your iPhone, your problem then is very likely with the iPhone itself. You've only got a few weeks until your warranty expires so you'll have to be quick about getting warranty service.

Edit: Have you checked the headphone socket to see if there is any debris in there that could possibly be causing the problem?

Last edited:
It has been solved. Cold booted for the umpteenth time and it is now working, Thanks everyone who responded.

It has been solved. Cold booted for the umpteenth time and it is now working, Thanks everyone who responded.
Thanks for letting us know that your problem has been solved. I'm glad there was no need for a repair.