What's new

Newbie needs help

socardot

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 3G which my daughter gave me. I loaded iTunes to my desktop which has since died. I have a laptop with iTunes n
But no matter what I do, phone will not synch. Any suggestions?

When you attach the phone iTunes is not recognizing it at all? It could be that the connector pins may be bent. Try holding the phone at different angles and see if it gets recognized, even briefly. If it does it's probably the connector. It will take you about $18.00 to find out.

Rather then waste money maybe you should go into an Apple store. They can diagnose the problem for you and tell you if it's the connector or the phone. You can make an appointment with them.

One other question. Is the phone charging with no issues? That was the problem I had with my iPad I had to jiggle it to get it charging and then hooking up to the computer became more difficult until it wouldn't recognize it at all. So take a look at the connector, hopefully that's the issue.

When you attach the phone iTunes is not recognizing it at all? It could be that the connector pins may be bent. Try holding the phone at different angles and see if it gets recognized, even briefly. If it does it's probably the connector. It will take you about $18.00 to find out.

Rather then waste money maybe you should go into an Apple store. They can diagnose the problem for you and tell you if it's the connector or the phone. You can make an appointment with them.

One other question. Is the phone charging with no issues? That was the problem I had with my iPad I had to jiggle it to get it charging and then hooking up to the computer became more difficult until it wouldn't recognize it at all. So take a look at the connector, hopefully that's the issue.

No, ITunes "recognizes" my phone and it shows that it is synching but nothing ever loads or changes- new apps, music, photos, nada. Everything is the same. This was not the case on the old computer. Any ideas? And thanks for the reply.

If you are using a PC try going into your general setting and make sure that it is syncing to the computer and not to the cloud, if that's the way you want to do it.

I'm new to iPhone myself, more use to iPad. I notice iTunes trying to sync with my iPhone 5 and basically the phone ignored it. I pulled the USB and then put it back in and synced and it worked fine. Other then that sorry, my suggestion of making an appointment at your Apple Store may be necessary.