What's new

New user with a few questions before switching from Android

Seurehkt

Reaction score
Hello everyone! My name is C.J. and I currently have an HTC Aria on AT&T. I am definitely going to switch to Verizon and I have been looking at getting the Droid Bionic for about a month now. That is until the iPhone 4s was announced. I usually don't get 2 years out of a phone (its only been a year and a couple of months with the Aria) but I'm still using my original iPod Touch from when they first came out so I know I would get at least 2 years out of the iPhone. There is one thing that worries me about it though. I've read where people have unexplained data usage during the night. It ranges from very little bits to very large amounts and I was wondering if this was a common problem that any of you have had? Also, is Map Quest the best alternative to Google Maps that the iPhone has?

Thanks for helping :)

No, it's not a common thing to have data usage unexpectedly on the iPhone unless you setup apps to run automatically in the background, apps which need Internet to run like email, weather apps, RSS, podcast, etc... then when the phone goes to sleep mode, it would use your 3G data to update those apps even though it's connected to wifi since when the iPhone is in sleeping mode it switch off the wifi and run over 3G or GPRS.

Thanks for the quick response. That was the main thing I was worried about. I still have unlimited data until I cancel AT&T since I have the grandfathered data plan but I didn't want to give that up and switch to Verizon just to have that happen to me.