What's new

jnt007

Reaction score
Thank you, I enjoy the IPHONE 4 better than any phone I have used and am new to it so being here will assist me with using the features of the phone and possibly find APPS benificial to me.

I can't get an email with a word document attached to open in both the IPHONE and the IPAD i have.

Welcome,

Works or word documents won't work on the iPhone as they are Microsoft files. If you want to view text documents in your email they will need to be in either PDF or RTF format...

Hmmm.... interesting. I just opened up a Word document that was attached to an email I sent out months ago. Opened just fine. And I "think" I remember reading in the huge users manual that the iPhone can open Word docs, as well as .docx files. But I need to look further to make sure...

Hi everyone. Nerw to this site. Just trying to learen as much as I can about IPHONE 4

Hmmm.... interesting. I just opened up a Word document that was attached to an email I sent out months ago. Opened just fine. And I "think" I remember reading in the huge users manual that the iPhone can open Word docs, as well as .docx files. But I need to look further to make sure...

I sent myself a .wps file (I think) an the phone couldn't read it. I think it can open .docx files and speadsheet files...

gaz.... you're correct, the iPhone won't open .wps files. However, I tested again and sure enough mine opens all Microsoft Office files, including the .docx files. (I'm not sure about PowerPoint though).

Are you able to open word documents from microsoft because of an APP you have? If so what is the APP

Are you able to open word documents from microsoft because of an APP you have? If so what is the APP

No app necessary. The iPhone opens up the Word, Powerpoint, and Excel files automatically! Maybe others, which I haven't tried yet. I just looked at the iPhone 4 users manual and confirmed this.

Works Viewer for iPhone will open Windows .wps files. It's not free, but for a couple of bucks it gets the job done. :)

Welcome!

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Tapatalk Yo! :)