What's new

New member with jailbreak/cydia issue

Jmye1524

Reaction score
Hello........ Looking for some info to a sorta complex problem. Can you point me in the right direction to post such a question.

Basically I've worked myself into a hole...... Every thing I try gets me deeper instead of getting me out. As it stands right now I have a jail broken 3GS running with straight talk on 5.1.1 with no cydia app and a 3419 error in iTunes I can't get around. 😡

Ok, do you have shsh for 5.1.1? If you do, make custom with redsnow and make restore with redsnow as well, no errors.

The shsh thing is a little beyond my capabilities at the moment. I'll have to research that better, see if I can figure it out.

Did u ever had jailbreak before on ios 5.1.1? If yes, you have shsh and u can restore to it again. If no,only solution is latest ios and tethered jailbreak( have to connect to pc everytime u shut it down). Give me more information and i will have more answers.

The existing JB worked fine for quite some time. I'm pretty sure I did that with green poison. In fact it still working..... But cydia was starting to bug out a little so I thought I would just restore to 6.1 and JB with evasion ( I have done this on my wife's 3GS , works great ) The whole 3419 error thing threw me so I started messing with that..... You know, the host file, remove file thing. That didn't help so I moved on to tiny umbrella ( which I haven't wrapped my head around yet) then I found something to try to help clean up cydia by using I file and safari download manager. That caused cydia to crash instantly on opening. In my attempt to remove cydia all together I have deleted I file and the cydia icon........ Can you see where all this is heading....... Lol
I thought a restore would eliminate the JB and maybe I could start over but it doesn't. I know I'm in over my head but I can't help it, for some reason I'm driven to figure it out.
Anyway....... Where would these shsh's be and how would I use them?

They are on cydia server. Yeah, its host file error. You should do the folowing. Download official 6.1 iOs and latest redsnow. Create custom Ipsw with shsh stich process. Use online option since you dont have it on computer. It will ask you to preserve bb i would say yes to it. Put the phone in DFU mode and do restore with redsnow without any errors. Jailbreak can be done with evasion. I didnt see which model of ip u have.

And does the latest red snow have a number associated with it that you know.

I will give it a shot and be back....... Thanks for the info......

It should not be too hard, just download
Everything i mentioned. Please about DFU. Hold power for 2-3 sec then, hold home button while holding power for exact 10 sec, count precisly. Then release power and keep holding home for exact 10 sec, it should be in DFU.
Good luck !