What's new

New iphone4 battery draining really fast

snydcat

Reaction score
I have only talked for 20 mins. and done some facebooking and the phone has gone from 100% to 20% in less than 4 hours. What do I have to turn off to keep it from draining so fast? I thought my android was bad but this is crazy fast. Thanks

Did you just upgrade your OS to 7? Apparently, for the next of days just after upgrading to iOS7 the phone gets real busy re-indexing the entire file system. I guess it's lots of work. So it's a bear on the battery till that task is done.

Turn off Bluetooth/Locations services when not in use. Adjust your brightness accordingly. If you're in an area with mid to low reception, expect a drain as your device is attempting to get a better signal.

You might need to calibrate your battery a few times before everything settles

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk

I've done all that...I guess I'll give it awhile and see what happens. Thanks

Give it a few days and see how it goes. Once the battery drains itself out, calibrate the battery. You might have to do this a few times before it starts to kick in. Let us know how it goes and we can possibly explore other options to improving the battery if need be.

Ok, it seems to be getting better. My usage is 4hrs 53 mins. and stand by is 20hrs. and my battery is at 26%......I can live with that...Thanks

Awesome. Glad we got that sorted out. It's recommended that users periodically re-calibrate their batteries (once a month if an okay schedule to follow) to make sure that your battery is healthy.