What's new

Need to reinstall Windows

SJ2571

Reaction score
This weekend I need to reinstall Windows. What should I do about iTunes first? My wife and I both have data in iTunes. I can't backup to the cloud as I have too much data and a slow connection. I know where all my apps are stored on my C drive, and I know I should copy them to another drive first, but what's the process for reinstalling iTunes so I don't lose anything? Thanks.

as long as you have the actual files you can always just re load it into the itunes library, or if you have an external drive you can backup?

Yes, I can back them up, but when I reinstall iTunes onto a fresh Windows will it know where my Music is on my PC, etc? Or do I have to tell it?

It'll ask you to manually find or auto scan for it when you first start iTunes from a fresh install.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

It'll recognize your pc. As long as the machine is the same and you have the windows.old directory and you reinstall, it shouldn't be a problem

I won't have a "Windows.old" directory. It'll be a fresh install. Anyway, I'll find out and let you all know how I went.