What's new

MyWi

JennieR said:
No you're not misunderstanding. I just heard about Mywi not to long ago. And when I heard about it I thought it answered so much for me since we can't get DSL where I live. I'm also still waiting for 3G but thought I could jailbreak my phone when we did finally get it. I could FINALLY have high speed Internet and wouldn't have to get rid of my unlimited data. And I thought I had time to decide....waiting on my 3G. Well you know how that turned out. I think At&t is the TRUE cyber bullie.

Cool. At least you have a good bit of time before you really need to take the plunge and decide on MyWi. Things might change between now and then...

I'm on Verizon and I just jailbroke my iphone. I also downloaded mywi. Should I worry about getting into trouble????? Im not using it real often but I just would like to get rid of my expensive home internet! What do you think? Should I stop using mywi???? Im also tethering too. Is this dangerous????

beckyandjustin said:
I'm on Verizon and I just jailbroke my iphone. I also downloaded mywi. Should I worry about getting into trouble????? Im not using it real often but I just would like to get rid of my expensive home internet! What do you think? Should I stop using mywi???? Im also tethering too. Is this dangerous????

I've done it sparingly in the past. If I was in a pinch, I would use it. Just compare what you pay for home Internet vs the legal carrier rate. Then check your used GBs on home vs Theirs ....

And yes ... You can get into trouble.

I'm lovin the iPhone on VZW.

Sorry to resurrect this but yeah AT&T will get you and try to put you on their 2gb plan...

I've got an email from them and text message saying that they detected I'm tethering and that I need to subscribe to a data plan and
Tethering plan Bla Bla Bla...

Will post screenshot of email when I raise my post count. If only there was a forums I.d so that I don't have to start fresh in the forums...

Here's a screenshot of the email they sent me 5/18/11...

http://db.tt/m5Lwiwp

I barely used it only on desperate occasion where I needed to power my laptop. (When Internet failed at college or at my house). I didn't used it heavily I downloaded more to my phone than laptop, YouTube video streaming etc. I still don't know what method they use but I do know I didn't download more than 1gb a month to my laptop.

Probably slim. Please check out my app reviews [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNkYeayUqNM]YouTube - ‪Best Free Apps For iPhone - 25 May 2011‬‏[/ame]

So mywi doesn't work anymore. Every time I try to connect to wifi it cleans it up and won't connect. Why?