What's new

MyWi not responding after 5.1.1 jailbreak iPad3 and iPhone

Skull One said:
No, it is not undetectable. Simply put, they aren't running the proper packet capturing to detect it as of today. When they do, you will find out just how detectable it is.

Okay...

I know when you use the tethering option on a iPhone that has it enabled by the carrier...there is a cellular usage statistic for tethering specifically. When you tether..the amount of data used is placed in the tethering usage stat.

When you use TetherMe...the usage stats under the tethering tab will not show..it shows as regular cellular data.

That's basically what I meant. It doesn't show that the tethered data under the proper stats...which makes it easily undetectable.

I don't doubt for a second that if they actually really wanted to find out they could...but they are not...so I think it's safe to say that TetherMe is better option...opposed to a 3rd party application.

Okay...

I know when you use the tethering option on a iPhone that has it enabled by the carrier...there is a cellular usage statistic for tethering specifically. When you tether..the amount of data used is placed in the tethering usage stat.

When you use TetherMe...the usage stats under the tethering tab will not show..it shows as regular cellular data.

That's basically what I meant. It doesn't show that the tethered data under the proper stats...which makes it easily undetectable.

I don't doubt for a second that if they actually really wanted to find out they could...but they are not...so I think it's safe to say that TetherMe is better option...opposed to a 3rd party application.

To be blunt, this situation is what killed unlimited plans in my opinion. Because they have to go an extra step that costs them money to detect it. So flip it around and make it cost more to use data period. A win/win for the cellular providers.

Skull One said:
To be blunt, this situation is what killed unlimited plans in my opinion. Because they have to go an extra step that costs them money to detect it. So flip it around and make it cost more to use data period. A win/win for the cellular providers.

Even tethering I alway kept track of my data, because I don't have an unlimited data plan. And if I did....I would not use like 10GB of data to tether.lol.

But I see your point. Makes sense.

The people who had unlimited data tethered and just used a ridiculous amount of data.

I mean...I would at least stay under 3-4GB...and I probably wouldn't have even used that much.

Tho...I almost never tether. I only use it occasionally.

Like when me and my girl are away from home and she wants to keep using my phone for Facebook and Stumble Upon.lol. The I just turn on the hotspot and she can have Internet on her iPod Touch (which is actually mine.lol).

And those rare occasion when the weather outside if really bad, and the wifi connection is not good on our laptops.

I really don't go overboard with tethering..,I never really did. I just liked the idea of having the option...even tho I very rarely use it.

I can easily see some people using way too much data via tethering tho.

Last edited: