What's new

My iPhone 6 all of a sudden started having problems with wifi

kbbbo

Reaction score
My iPhone 6 all of a sudden started having problems with wifi. I updated recently but started having a problem days later (I don't know if that is the cause)

I noticed that it wasn't connected at home. I went in to wifi to select a network and found that there weren't any showing.
1) I shut off the phone and restarted it
2) I reset the router/modem

I noticed that it was doing a bunch of things. It was connecting and dropping. It would find networks then not. The signal would go from 1 bar to 3 back to one.
The other devices in the house (including another iphone worked fine)

I called the cable company and they "tweaked" the signal and made sure that everything on their end was working.

I called Apple care and they did some type of reset with me. It reset my settings (wallpapers etc) but I didn't lose anything else. They didn't have me backup first. Everything seemed to be working but now it isn't again. Today I am at work and it is happening here too, which is an endorsement that the problem is with the phone.

I googled a bunch of articles
Any ideas?

I am running 9.2.1 (13D15)

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2.1

I don't see an option to edit my post. I do want to mention that the other apple devices (ones that weren't having the problems) didn't just update

Thank you again

You might try Reset Network Settings.
Reset Network Settings Settings>General>Reset>Tap Reset Network Settings. You may need to enter your wifi passcode back in afterwards.

It wouldn't hurt to reboot your wifi modem/router too. Unplug it for 1 minute, then plug it back in.

I am guessing, since you contacted Apple and got some assistance, that you have AppleCare. Can you get into an Apple Store? If you can, ask them to run a diagnostic check on your kph exams to get the wi-fi antenna. Maybe they can figure this out. If they can't, with AppleCare they have to fix it or swap it out. Make sure you have backed it up before you go to Apple. GL

Thanks Ledsteplin
I did both of those

Bear7962 - I went to Apple today and indeed have to back it up and go back

I also noticed that Siri and Maps/Gps aren't working now either. When I push the button for Siri, I get something called voice control

Thanks

Voice Control was what we had before Siri. I will be interested in what Apple tells you when you bring the iPhone back to them. Make sure you tell them about Siri and The GPS.