What's new

Musician David Byrne Turns Fake iPhone App Listings into Art

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
David_Byrne.JPG

According to a great story from TUAW, Talking Heads singer David Byrne has been turning his creative attention to designing fake App Store pages for imagined iPhone apps. These include the likes of “Childster”, which “turns your phone into a babysitter!”, “Weaselface”, which, according to the description “adds snark and satire to any written text - including the Bible!”, and “Invisible Me”, which replies to your e-mails and texts, “even if you’re not home!” and features “busy, agitated, distracted and sexy modes.” Byrne has submitted the works to an art exhibition entitled “Social Media” at New York’s Pace Gallery on 510 West 25 Street, taking place between September 16 and October 15. Aside from featuring Byrnes’ art, the exhibit will also include other works on the theme of social media, and the Internet in general, through “an aesthetic and conceptual lens” by artists such as Christopher Baker, Aram Bartholl, Sep Kamvar and Penelope Umbrico.

Source: David Byrne creates fake iPhone apps | TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog
David Byrne’s fake iPhone apps – Boing Boing

So am I right in taking this to mean drafting up imagery of fake apps to be then displayed as "art"?

Yes that is correct!

Ah thanks Maura,my apologies if the question seemed stupid.

Interesting idea on DB's part and something I guess given apple is a part of pop culture now.

Ah thanks Maura,my apologies if the question seemed stupid.

Interesting idea on DB's part and something I guess given apple is a part of pop culture now.

Not a stupid question at all!

Last edited: