What's new

Music on the iPhone

MksTn

Reaction score
Ok so I don't want to load down a ton of music on my iPhone and use up a lot of storage so is there a way to get and play music from my Cloud account? On my Android phone I could put a lot of music on the SD card.
Suggestions?

Thanks

Dropbox can play music files stored in the app/online, there's also an app that can access the songs in Dropbox and play them (Tunebox).

If you have an Amazon account: there's also the possibility to keep songs in the cloud, or download them to your device.

OneDrive can play music as well. I have a few mp3 files saved to it, and can play them without problems. The songs are stored online.

With an iCloud account, iTunes Match would also be an option: Apple - iTunes - iTunes Match

Hope that helps.

Thanks... I have music on Amazon and on iCloud and Dropbox. I know I can download them to the phone and play but can I play without downloading on to the phone? If so do I need wifi to do it? Tunebox looks good I will check it out.

thanks

Thanks... I have music on Amazon and on iCloud and Dropbox. I know I can download them to the phone and play but can I play without downloading on to the phone? If so do I need wifi to do it? Tunebox looks good I will check it out.

thanks
If you're playing music from the cloud, that isn't on your phone, you'll need a good internet connection, either WiFi or cellular. WiFi is better, if it's available where you want to listen, as you will not be using up your monthly data allowance.

If you were using the Play Music on Android, just download and install Play Music from the App Store. It works fine. All my music was uploaded years ago on Play Music and I just stream as I walk.

Thanks Scotty... not sure what Play Music App is all about but I will check it out. Most of my cloud storage is on DropBox and Amazon Cloud. On my Android I just kept the music on the Micro SD card.

Oh shoot no. Play Music. It's a Google thing. The orange headphones that you used probably. You can store them in the cloud and stream them. I have unlimited data, so streaming's no issue for me.

Yep. I use Google Play Music all the time. Get it on your pc/Mac upload all your songs to the cloud, then get the app on your iPhone and stream away. All of your music, no space used. It works great too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

71b3adebe4cfdd97122e2f6bde2a93bf.jpg
it's the app in the middle row, far right side

Thanks for the info bwake. I will check it out.

It don't look up music for me for some reason

I have music messenger which I like but use spotify most of my music is on Amazon cloud