What's new

Moving or deleting app icons on the home screens of the Iphone 6S

Don PP

Reaction score
Can app icons be reorganized, relocated or deleted on the the S6?. I was to that I need to touch and hold until the icon shakes and then drag it to my desired location but I have tried that on 3 phone and it does not work. Are they frozen in place? Who doesn't want to reorganize their apps to personalize your phone?

Last edited:
Welcome to iPhoneForums, Don PP!

You can move app icons by dragging them, but there are limits, if your iPhone is not jailbroken. You can't place them anywhere on your screen. They will fill up the first line, then the second, and so on, until the homepage is filled with app icons.

It's possible to drag them to a new homescreen, though. The first one will stay on top of the screen, at the left, in that case. The next one will be placed right next to it, ...

Escept for the built in apps, such as Settings, Photos, ... all the other apps can be deleted from your device.

If you're referring to the bloatware - stocks / tips etc, you can't delete them. The rest can just be dragged around. The network you're on doesn't make a difference.