What's new

More battery power

Susan Ott

Reaction score
What are the best ways to conserve the battery? I didn't realize mine would run out of power so quickly when I wasn't using it.

There are lots of things that are easy to do but first you need an idea of what is draining your battery on standby. To find that out go into Settings, General, Usage, Battery Usage. You should then be able to see what is causing the drain.

Now, tips: background app refresh is a drain. Go through it an decide what you really need to refresh in the background. I have almost everything turned off and a few things I will turn on when I am using (some of those have that as a setting which I use). Facebook is a big drain. Turn it off when you aren't in it. The same with Blue tooth. If you aren't connected, it will keep searching. Dim your display. On Wifi either remember to toggle it off or set it so ask to join networks is toggled off. Otherwise it tries every wifi you get close to (I can be in the parking lot of my condo and it is still connected to my wifi so you can imagine how many times it can find a new wifi if you let it).
Go through notifications. Every app seems to want to get in on this but decide what you want and turn off notifications you don't want.
Dynamic wallpapers drain your battery. Big time.
In Settings go into Privacy, Location Services and choose what you think you need on. This is a major cause of battery usage. Turn off what you don't want. My Dictionary app thinks it needs to know where I am. Seriously.
While you are in Location Serives scroll all the way to the bottom and go into System Services. Decide what you want to keep on. I never turn off Find My IPhone. It is not a problem and is a great program. Google the other titles if you don't know what they do and decide what you need.
Every time I said decide what you need, remember what you saw when you checked battery usage and what you thought you needed.
Well that's a quick start. GL
And btw, I just checked my phone image.jpg

Thanks. I'll look into all these suggestions.

My battery vastly improved i do allwasys fully close apps like FB, twitter before putting the phone down.
Allmost 8 Hours of usage. I took him off the charger 18 Hours ago.
With Bluetooth constantly on because of the Apple watch.
af049241259524fadf66b3e6222fa372.jpg