What's new

MobileMe and iCloud

ceb

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a question.

I have been using mobileMe to keep my calander contacts and other stuff in sync with my PC's.
Since I have been ransfered to iCloud and have updated to iOS5.01. the updated only take place when I am on wifi. I hope i am doing somthing wrong as as it is it is useless mobileMe updated almost immediately and was wothe the cast.
however iCloud is a backward step for syncing in my opinion. I know it works fine when on wifi but I travel alot to places where i can only use 3g.

oh I forgot I have an iOhone 3Gs.

cheers ceb

Sorry I did not make it clear.

Will iCloud sync calander, contacts and stuf using 3G or E network, as MobileMe did?

Sorry I did not make it clear.

Will iCloud sync calander, contacts and stuf using 3G or E network, as MobileMe did?

Yes iCloud will sync your calendar, contacts, and other stuff using 3G or EDGE without worries. I do not have 3G and any appointment or event I add to my calendar while on the go is automatically sync to my iCal, same when I add a new contact to my iCloud contacts book, it automatically sync.
With 3G it will sync faster, with EDGE it will be a bit slower than 3G

Had to re install windows 7 at the weekend and now icloud updates fine on the 3g network. I had to re install iCloud as well as othe items but its now OK.

Cheers All
Clive