What's new

Maps

I guess that's what I'm asking lol.i just want to know when are they gonna take a new picture of my property.They seem to be about 5 years old.

It has been updating, the map of my home area has changed from a blurred grey mess to something resembling what the old maps app had, FWIW, this updated prior to the recent iOS 6.0.1 bug fix update so it's just happening rather than some downloaded update (as the map data is remote). I am also aware that others have found improvements already as well as issues not yet resolved but what is clear is that they are working hard to resolve the problems.

The Archangel

Ok maybe I can make it clearer what I'm saying is the picture of my property is from at least 3 years ago or more.I know this because I have cut down a lot of trees but they are still there in the pictures on the map and on googles too.So what I want to know is when do they take new satalite pics.

Apple themselves don't take the pics. They source them from third parties. Previously, this was Google. Now, who knows.

I have noticed that Maps has improved.

- My house location is no longer about 5 miles away, correct house number and street, just wrong town. Now I can navigate home.

- Some of the obviously out of date business locations have updated and for the few I've tried, the business currently at the location seems to be correct.

- It's FAST !. Faster then what I remember from Google.