What's new

Maps and DND

lou1024

Reaction score
I live in central NJ (metro NYC/Phily market) - traffic does not show up on Maps. No green/yellow/red highways like Google Maps had (miss it already!)

Also - DND is a nice addition....but how about all of us that use our phone as an alarm clock and cannot lock it? Alerts like texts and emails are still going to come thru! Come on Apple - android has done this for years now! This isn't cool. :(

I live in central NJ (metro NYC/Phily market) - traffic does not show up on Maps. No green/yellow/red highways like Google Maps had (miss it already!)

Also - DND is a nice addition....but how about all of us that use our phone as an alarm clock and cannot lock it? Alerts like texts and emails are still going to come thru! Come on Apple - android has done this for years now! This isn't cool. :(

I have had the Original Droid, Droid 2,, and currently Droid Bionic until Friday. I have used navigation many, many times and I have never seen traffic on Google Maps. So I'm not sure what you're talking about.

there is a traffic layer. It shows green if the traffic has no delays, yellow if it's slow, and red if there is a stoppage. In iOS it's under the little flap, in android it might be in settings. It's definitely there. I used to have a Droid X and used it continually to check traffic on my way home from work.

there is a traffic layer. It shows green if the traffic has no delays, yellow if it's slow, and red if there is a stoppage. In iOS it's under the little flap, in android it might be in settings. It's definitely there. I used to have a Droid X and used it continually to check traffic on my way home from work.

Well, I stand corrected. Sure enough when I push that layers button traffic came up. But I never used it and don't have a need for it, as far as I know so I'll be fine without it.

Possible solution to DND feature - using stock alarm clock app since it will go off when phone is locked! I'll see tonight.

Happy to report that the stock alarm app and DND worked perfectly together - although I didn't sleep well worrying that it wasn't going to work and I'd oversleep. Oh well, there's always tonight.

Happy to report that the stock alarm app and DND worked perfectly together - although I didn't sleep well worrying that it wasn't going to work and I'd oversleep. Oh well, there's always tonight.

Great, thanks for the update. I don't know what if any of these issues I'll have with my iPhone 5 but it's good to see your situation is resolved.