What's new

Make my pics better!

robredd72

Reaction score
Can some explain to me in basic terms what HDR does and why I'd want to use it? Also how should I control the flash on the iphone while taking shots. I have had mixed results thus far taking photos. Allot of pics look great on the ipod screen but when you get them blown up onto a nice tv, they dont seem to stand up to shots taken on my 12mp digital camera. I am imagining because its only 5mp. So they look fuzzy when blown up. I want any tips for taking clearer, sharper, better more colorful pics with the iphone 4.

HDR takes three pictures of the same image at different exposures and creates one picture taking the best bits out of the three. There's a option to save the original picture alongside the HDR so it's easy to make a comparison.

The difference between your digital camera and the phones is 7 megapixels so of course it's going to be way better when blown up on a big tv.

As for the flash I've only really found it useful when taking pics in the dark when things are close up.

Download this app. It takes 2 photos of the same subject. Make VERY VERY SURE that you keep the camera still. Look for photos opportunities that have a high contrast in shadows/light. Here are some photos I took with my iphone using Pro HDR: Picasa Web Albums - mike - HDR

Nice pics madams. I am a salt water reefer enthusiast my self is that your tank?

indeed the cam is the only downside of the iphone even with its 5mpx it sucks on blow ups/zoom ins!

im used to a 7mpx sony cybershot with 3X zoom which iphone lacks but i realize i dont need zooming in upon a taken photo (to view details).

when i take a panoramic scenary its because i want to capture that "all-in-one" image (and not to focus on a tiny detail in the left corner of the shot) so all i have to do is get closer to object and take the detail itself!

in other words the iphone is not a camera to make photos out of the initial photo (cut out) so i better get used to iphone's "what i see is what i get" and enjoy the colour quality!

like many i thought the iphone would replace my digital camera (its a 1 into 1) but at least my iphone (its a 10 into 1) still can take pictures, geo tag them, share them online, make phone calls and play a game, more faster that it would take me to dowload images from my camera on my mac by removing memory card and using a card reader kit!

tip: 5mp camera looks great at is original size - as long as you dont do a zoom-in to the image lol i love my phone and i wonder why there isnt a hole to hook in a wrist strap to it like i do with my cameras to avoid drop? i winder why phone dont have those used more often... nokia has straps but i rarely see user put wrist in? why i only do for cameras that are 1/3 of iphone price? hmmm just wondering... lol

Can some explain to me in basic terms what HDR does and why I'd want to use it? Also how should I control the flash on the iphone while taking shots. I have had mixed results thus far taking photos. Allot of pics look great on the ipod screen but when you get them blown up onto a nice tv, they dont seem to stand up to shots taken on my 12mp digital camera. I am imagining because its only 5mp. So they look fuzzy when blown up. I want any tips for taking clearer, sharper, better more colorful pics with the iphone 4.
You were expecting them to? It's a phone.

i lost my iphone photos.. i put them in an apps that called photo shot pro :(

i lost my iphone photos.. i put them in an apps that called photo shot pro :(

If there is a way, upload them back to camera roll, or transfer them to your computer and add it back to your photo album via itunes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk