What's new

Mail application shuts down

hcravi

Reaction score
Hi

I just got an iPhone6 and having problems with sending and forwarding emails. Every time I try to type in the recipient's email ID the application shuts down. The only way I can send or forward is to use the contact list and select the recipient.

Does anyone know why this happens and how to fix this ?

Is your iPhone up to date? The latest software version for the iPhone 6 is 8.4. If you're running a different version, maybe updating will help with your problem.

A reset might help as well: press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. Let go of both. The iPhone will power up on it's own.

Also try force closing the Mail app, when it crashes: double tap the Home button to show the multitask bar, slide the picture above the Mail app icon towards the top of the screen.

The next thing to try would be "Reset all settings" in Settings - General - Reset. This will set back all the settings on your iDevice, and you'll have to take a look at every setting in the app, to adjust them the way you need them.

If none of these help with your issue, make sure you have a most recent backup, then restore your iPhone, using iTunes on your computer.