What's new

LTE priority

mikeolivero4bo

Reaction score
I have an LTE Modem and an LTE pocket wifi device. Both let me set the priority to LTE when available and 3G as second priority.

When I compare my iPhone to either device I find that often the iPhone 5 doesn't pick up the LTE because its signal is a little lower than 3G.

Is there a way to enable only LTE or set the priority like on the other devices?

Ollie

I have an LTE Modem and an LTE pocket wifi device. Both let me set the priority to LTE when available and 3G as second priority.

When I compare my iPhone to either device I find that often the iPhone 5 doesn't pick up the LTE because its signal is a little lower than 3G.

Is there a way to enable only LTE or set the priority like on the other devices?

Ollie

I have the same problem at my house great 3G signal but crappy LTE signal. I haven't found a setting where you can choose so I just turn LTE off while at home. It also saves battery life.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Ya I have used airplane mode toggle to reset but if the 3G signal is stronger than the LTE signal that doesn't help. I would like either a priority or the ability to manually disable 3G if only to check if LTE is there and strong enough to use.

Ya I have used airplane mode toggle to reset but if the 3G signal is stronger than the LTE signal that doesn't help. I would like either a priority or the ability to manually disable 3G if only to check if LTE is there and strong enough to use.

There isn't a way to do this manually. Your best bet is to do a factory restore and see if that helps. If that doesn't help, then you have a hardware problem.

So, if its a hardware problem, take it to Apple and they should replace it.

iOS and the iPhones hardware is designed to prioritize LTE over any other connection (if its available). If the iPhone refuse to do this, there's either a software issue, or a hardware issue.