What's new

Lower part of i-phone 4S screen not responsive to touch

dcosta

Reaction score
I have two-month old new, unlocked iphone 4S from Apple. For some reason the lower part of the screen is unresponsive. Thus I cannot use the numeric key or any others at the bottom of screen. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks. Anthony

I would try doing
1: a hard reset ( hold down home & sleep buttons until you see the apple logo ). see if the screen works
2: Goto settings than general than reset and do reset all settings ( erases nothing ). see if the screen works
3: restore phone and setup as a new device and see if the screen works before restoring any backup.
4: take to Apple store & have them check it out

Sent from my Black 16Gb iPhone 4S using iPF.net

...and if the above suggestions don't work, just RUN to the nearest Apple Store (or the place of purchase) and get a replacement. Use that warranty!! And remember that Apple has a free 90-day telephone tech support service -- I've been told. Anyone???

...and if the above suggestions don't work, just RUN to the nearest Apple Store (or the place of purchase) and get a replacement. Use that warranty!! And remember that Apple has a free 90-day telephone tech support service -- I've been told. Anyone???

Yup....I have used before. Back when I got my first iDevice and actually needed to call them for help with something.