What's new

Lost then found my AirPods

Reaction score
Well I had a bad weekend as I thought I had lost my AirPods between home and work. All weekend I was bummed out! Came in to work this morning and checked the car we drive back and forth from home to work during the week. Well low and behold, my AirPods were under the drivers seat!! Whoo Hoo! I am so glad I found them! Won’t be wearing them to work anymore!! Anyone else have a similar story that they care to share? Please post your experience.

I tend to find forgotten money in my coat pockets whenever the seasons change. When I take out the spring jackets from storage in April/May and then when I dig out winter coats in Nov/Dec. It never fails to find a few dollars that I forgot I left in there before I put them away.

At least it gives me something to look forward to when the seasons change.

I don't have a similar story because I usually keep really good track of things, but I wouldn't use AirPods for anything! First, because bluetooth just mangles sound quality (which is why I won't buy an iPhone without an audio jack). Second, because it seems like they would be just to easy to drop or lose. I was probably the biggest  proponent from the minute I installed OS X Public Beta (I sold millions in stock and hardware for them) until Steve Jobs got sick. The last straw was when they fired Scott Forstall. It's just been all downhill since then. Everything is paper thin, but you can't do anything unless you 40 devices hooked up to it! It's just crazy that now you have to have an external graphics card so they can make the iMac look slim and sexy. Ives is a lunatic. Every time I see a new  product come out, I think of the last scene of the Ab Fab episode called "White Box". If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it! Try finding your AirPods in that kitchen! I picture Jonny Ives acting just like Betina from that episode in board meetings.

I don't have a similar story because I usually keep really good track of things, but I wouldn't use AirPods for anything! First, because bluetooth just mangles sound quality (which is why I won't buy an iPhone without an audio jack). Second, because it seems like they would be just to easy to drop or lose. I was probably the biggest  proponent from the minute I installed OS X Public Beta (I sold millions in stock and hardware for them) until Steve Jobs got sick. The last straw was when they fired Scott Forstall. It's just been all downhill since then. Everything is paper thin, but you can't do anything unless you 40 devices hooked up to it! It's just crazy that now you have to have an external graphics card so they can make the iMac look slim and sexy. Ives is a lunatic. Every time I see a new  product come out, I think of the last scene of the Ab Fab episode called "White Box". If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it! Try finding your AirPods in that kitchen! I picture Jonny Ives acting just like Betina from that episode in board meetings.

Well somebody is buying them...LOL
AirPods Dominated the Market with 75% of Wireless Headphone Sales in 2018

Nope I have never lost my AirPods and I pretty much keep up with my gear. I guess it's a Military thing.

Well I thought I kept up with my stuff pretty well. My AirPods are in a case that zips up. It fell out of my bag on the way to work. I didn’t notice they were gone as the last couple days I had to leave them out at work as I was working with someone else and needed to be able to hear them clearly. Normally I wear my AirPods all day at work. Just happens that the one day I didn’t they got lost for a couple days. I sure was bummed out all weekend. Then Monday came and I was able to locate them in the car we use for work!! What a relief it was as I didn’t have another $159 to spend on another pair at the moment. Maybe in a couple months I will get the new ones. For now the ones I have work well. I am able to get a full day (8-9hrs) of on/off music through the day. They are good earbuds IMO, and if I had to I would get another pair. Well worth the money for the connivence of not having wires hanging down.

... First, because bluetooth just mangles sound quality (which is why I won't buy an iPhone without an audio jack). .

My X came with ear pods that connect with the Lightning Jack and sound great. Also, Bluetooth has plenty of bandwidth for high fidelity audio, you just need to select a quality headphone product if you have an iPhone.

I have a pair of Apple AirPods and find them indispensable. I like my music too, but I also like futuristic technologies and have always been at the forefront in the past.
I still fondly remember my first Bluetooth Stereo headset made by Plantronics - the Pulsar 590E if I recall correctly.

Today, I can compare the bulky Pulsar 590E to the minuscule AirPods first generation with the utmost delight coupled with barely concealed shock and awe.
We have come a very long way indeed!

I’m OLD SCHOOL and remember when really good headphones looked humongous and were heavy on your head, making you look like one of The cyber men from Doctor Who of old - and those headphones had cables to boot!!!

Today’s Apple products are pure science fiction come to life (I was born in 1960...!!!). I’m by no means a self entitled spoilt brat, so everything Apple produces is pretty much fantasy come to life. I appreciate being able to live in a world where they not only exist, but I can use these products everyday [emoji2][emoji106]

There are Bluetooth buds, and there are Bluetooth buds; but the AirPods stand out in a class of their own.
Paradoxically, they sound better than my Bose QC35 Bluetooth headphones and have better connectivity too!
I’ve never had the AirPods drop connectivity - the Bose QC35 seems to do it on a whim, without warning - and they cost me £329.99....Ouch!

These AirPods are the perfect accessory to your Apple Watch with or without 4G capability, turning the AW independently into an iPod MP3 player on your wrist. Tap the AirPods and tell Siri what you want to listen to. Unbelievably 21st century!
The future has arrived at last.

These 1st generation buds aren’t the best sounding ever, but they DO sound very good - good enough for me to highly appreciate them - and YES, I’m looking forward to getting the AirPods 2nd generation when they arrive - and my daughter can inherit my lightly used 1st Gen pair.

I use them maybe twice a week on average, but I’m ALWAYS impressed with the sound that comes out. They’ve been sounding decidedly more BASSy of late.....certainly no bad thing as that makes the experience quite immersive.

I’m not bothered by the lack of noise cancellation - I appreciate having my wits about me when walking in the street.

Lastly, we live in a continuously evolving world; Steve Jobs came, made his invaluable mark, and is no longer with us. He also made a few mistakes in his lifetime - like all normal human beings, but I recognise the genius within - I’m not here to speak ill of Steve Jobs.

However, he’s come and gone. He certainly started something. We can speculate all we want about what might have been if he still lived, but Apple continues to evolve and innovate in their own way.

I love their products; I do damn their excessively high premium price business model of late, but there’s no denying how good their products are.

p.s. My first Apple device was an iPod Video 60GB v5.5 (circa 2006) - and it’s not only immaculate, it still freaking WORKS....!!!! [emoji18]

Last edited:
Today’s Apple products are pure science fiction come to life (I was born in 1960...!!!). I’m by no means a self entitled spoilt brat, so everything Apple produces is pretty much fantasy come to life. I appreciate being able to live in a world where they not only exist, but I can use these products everyday [emoji2][emoji106]

There are Bluetooth buds, and there are Bluetooth buds; but the AirPods stand out in a class of their own.
Paradoxically, they sound better than my Bose QC35 Bluetooth headphones and have better connectivity too!
I’ve never had the AirPods drop connectivity - the Bose QC35 seems to do it on a whim, without warning - and they cost me £329.99....Ouch!

These AirPods are the perfect accessory to your Apple Watch with or without 4G capability, turning the AW independently into an iPod MP3 player on your wrist. Tap the AirPods and tell Siri what you want to listen to. Unbelievably 21st century!
The future has arrived at last.

These 1st generation buds aren’t the best sounding ever, but they DO sound very good - good enough for me to highly appreciate them - and YES, I’m looking forward to getting the AirPods 2nd generation when they arrive - and my daughter can inherit my lightly used 1st Gen pair.

I use them maybe twice a week on average, but I’m ALWAYS impressed with the sound that comes out. They’ve been sounding decidedly more BASSy of late.....certainly no bad thing as that makes the experience quite immersive.

I’m not bothered by the lack of noise cancellation - I appreciate having my wits about me when walking in the street.

Lastly, we live in a continuously evolving world; Steve Jobs came, made his invaluable mark, and is no longer with us. He also made a few mistakes in his lifetime - like all normal human beings, but I recognise the genius within - I’m not here to speak ill of Steve Jobs.

However, he’s come and gone. He certainly started something. We can speculate all we want about what might have been if he still lived, but Apple continues to evolve and innovate in their own way.

I love their products; I do damn their excessively high premium price business model of late, but there’s no denying how good their products are.

p.s. My first Apple device was an iPod Video 60GB v5.5 (circa 2006) - and it’s not only immaculate, it still freaking WORKS....!!!! [emoji18]

I don't think their products are priced high at all. When you consider what you get for the price, they pencil out. I switched a lot of companies to OS X servers and desktops after doing a cost analysis. Especially now that they update iWork, the OS and everything else for free. The problem is that they aren't evolving any more. They are devolving, sadly. I'm a creative content producer, and Apple has not released a piece of hardware in the last 8 years that a professional can count on without problems and tremendous compromises. To say that bluetooth Airbuds sound great means that you're very easily pleased. That's a good thing for you. But if you're an audio engineer, it's a screaming nightmare to hear something you've produced getting mangled first by the "mastered for iTunes" algorithm, then by lossy compression, and finally through bluetooth compression. The sound is horrible, and they try to make up for it by adding bass. (Most people will automatically think louder sounds better, and more bass sounds richer, when, in fact, it's destroying the mix of frequencies designed to tickle the ears.) I think it's a real shame that the dumbing down of music is not just happening in the quality of the content, but also in what the end user will accept as sounding "good".

There was a time when I had everything I needed to produce video or music right in my Mac. Now, the Macs are as thin as paper, have one or two connectors, and require a desk full of peripherals just to make them functional. They really jumped the shark with the external video accelerators. So, yeah, my Mac is sexier than ever, but I have to carry around a suitcase full of things to make it do anything productive.

I think the death of high quality audio was when it became digitized

Well the AirPods aren’t audiophile grade earbuds, but for what they are they do work well. If you are looking for audiophile headphones then don’t buy the AirPods, you’ll be disappointed. For ease of use and convenience of not having to worry about wires, the AirPods work well. Also adding some aftermarket type holders have helped tremendously for me and keep the buds in place so they don’t fall out even during heavy activity like being under the dash of an airplane.

To be fair, any type of in-ear headphone wouldn’t be considered audiophile grade, so it’s not a knock against the AirPods, it’s just not their intended purpose. That being said, they have great audio and are surprisingly crisp when it comes to sound than anyone would expect. There’s a great range of lows, mids and highs, and you toss on all the other technological improvements over any other similar product in this category and they’re simply in a class of their own.