What's new

Looking for an Indexing App

goblue1520

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone here can offer a recommendation on a good app for indexing information. Doesn't have to be a free app, the company I work for is willing to pay for it for each of the 20 or so salesmen we have as long as it works. What we're trying to do:

Our company sells trucks that serve various environmental functions (we're moving a lot of equipment east coast to help clean up the mess there). At any given time we have about 500 trucks in the fleet ranging from brand new to 30 years old. Depending on the customer, certain information about the equipment is critical to the salesmen: Could be price, could be the year of the equipment, could be whether or not the truck in question has a particular option on it.

The app would ideally offer the functionality of a used car site - where entries are created for each vehicle and the salesmen has the ability to search by one or more fields to parse his options down.

Can anyone out there offer a recommendation on an app that might suit our purpose? I'd be forever grateful.

I would look into either a spreadsheet app that will work with Dropbox (Documents To Go is great) or Filemaker (a bit more expensive, but a lot more customizable.)